Another unique vine makes a natural curtain

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Hmm.  If you built a trellis two meters away from you house, then attached is to the eaves/overhang of your roof, that would make a nice and cool covered walkway.

Good thought Balisidar!  Some of the boutique type resorts in this area have similar trellises with overhangs like that. Nice..

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2018 at 5:32 PM, Queenie O. said:

Now that we have a new topic that just pertains to gardening, I'd like to show you another unique vine that can be trained up onto a window grill. If you remember from another post about the Cup of Gold vine that I trained onto my side windows.  This vine was planted in pots underneath my two front windows, and makes another unique vine,  with a very exotic flower.  It's called Hoya vine, or Hindu Rope vine.  It has rather waxy stiff leaves, but beautiful velvety flowers that hang in clusters. This is one of many varieties that are available. I can't remember the variety of this particular one, but during these rainy days, it has continued to flower, and at night it gives off a sweet vanilla/honey fragrance. One of my favorites here. As you can see, my garden/yard is rather wild and20160612_102458.jpgIMG_0701.JPG jungle like!

Hello Queenie... We will try to start some of these vines at our new home. They look like a good idea for at least some coverage on our new fences...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1