ATM Networks

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I'm not sure of the logic of this unless it's to maximize the BDO transaction fees.

More to do with banko sentral instructions

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I used the Maxbank in the town I live and my HSBC card was refused. I entered the bank and spoke to a cashier who took my card off of me and spent a few minutes making phone calls. She then told me to try again. It now worked so she must have added my card to the system somehow.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2018 at 7:31 PM, Happyhorn52 said:

My BDO card will allow me to withdraw 50,000p in a day, but only in five 10,000p transactions. I'm not sure of the logic of this unless it's to maximize the BDO transaction fees.

ATM transaction limits are set by the owner of the particular ATM, in this case BDO has set a p10,000 transaction limit. The daily limit is set by the owner of the ATM Card, whatever your bank is, and can often be changed online or with a call requesting a change to your account.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/12/2018 at 7:31 PM, Happyhorn52 said:

I'm not sure of the logic of this

The ATM's are set differently but I think the maximum each one can pay out in one transaction is 40 individual notes (it may only be 20 individual notes as my memory is not what it used to be but you can ask at the bank like I did a long time ago).  So 40K would be the maximum an ATM could ever give out if it was loaded with ONLY 1000 peso notes.  As many of the machines are loaded with some 500s and some 100s then the majority of machines will only give out up to 10000 pesos as they are set up to pay out smaller withdrawals in all 100 peso notes.  Try to withdraw 2000 pesos one time from a machine like that.  If it has enough cash it will pay out 20 x 100 peso notes.  Its a good trick to know in the event the machine has no 500s or 1000s in it.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I have Nationwide acct in the UK where my small private monthly pension is paid into

The pension provider wont pay into my BDO acct, however my nationwide card workd fine in BDO

And BPI ATMs,and it only costs 135 pesos each time i withdraw, which is fine.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

I have Nationwide acct in the UK

This is where the Thread started from,a nationwide account (Link card) not being  dispensed

• Like 1