Are Medical Exams Needed to Get Permanent Residency Visas to Live in the Philippines?

RonnyRay
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am thinking about marrying my Pinay girlfriend when we go to the Philippines next month. And after I do get married there and then apply for a 13 A visa or another type of 1-year visa, will I need a full medical examination? And if so, what do the test for? Hoping for a lot of answers based on the law and your personal experiences. Thanks in advance, guys.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, RonnyRay said:

will I need a full medical examination?

I have never and have not heard of anyone else having one either, they used to have them in your own country when applying but i believe that has stopped. Hope this helps.:wink:

• Like 2

RonnyRay
Posted
Posted

I've read before that you need what I think they call a "Quarantine Certificate" which basically confirms that you don't have any dangerous or contagious diseases if you want to be a permanent resident in the Philippines. So you are saying this has been discontinued in the Philippines or that it never was really applied?

RonnyRay
Posted
Posted

I am American, by the way.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RonnyRay said:

I've read before that you need what I think they call a "Quarantine Certificate"

It is possible that they require this if coming from an area with known health risk type diseases but it is news to me if they do require it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, RonnyRay said:

I've read before that you need what I think they call a "Quarantine Certificate" which basically confirms that you don't have any dangerous or contagious diseases if you want to be a permanent resident in the Philippines. So you are saying this has been discontinued in the Philippines or that it never was really applied?

:smile: Before and I talk about 11 years ago yes you had to have a medical if you applied in the States or any other country, now I don't think so but of course YMMV here, you are already here so there has never In my experience been a medical exam within the PI I did my 13a (Permanent Residency 2 years ago and No medical was required.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is possible that they require this if coming from an area with known health risk type diseases but it is news to me if they do require it.

Yes but as far as I know you will only find what is listed as Annex A at the immigration office. 

Original or certified true copy of Bureau of Quarantine Medical Clearance, if applicant is a national of any of the countries listed
under Annex “A” of Immigration Operations Order No. SBM-14-059-A who arrived in the Philippines on or after June 2014.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The checklist of what is needed for a 13a 

BI FORM V-I-002-Rev 1 This document may be reproduced and is NOT FOR SALE
CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA BY MARRIAGE
(PROBATIONARY)
E-mail: xinfo@immigration.gov.ph
Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration
Twitter: immigrationPH Page 1 of 1
G E N E R A L I N S T R U C T I O N S
To avoid summary dismissal/delay in the processing of your application/petition,
please be advised of the following:
1. Enter legibly all the information required into the appropriate spaces on the form. If the information required is not
applicable, please write “N/A”. Do not leave any item blank. Your answers must be in English and all entries must be in
CAPITAL LETTERS using English characters only.
2. The Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) must be accomplished in two (2) ORIGINAL copies. The first copy
shall be submitted together with all the documents pertaining to this application and the second copy is intended for
application of Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to be submitted in a separate folder.
3. All documents required for submission must be complied with, arranged in the order as listed in the Checklist of
Documentary Requirements (CDR), compiled in a legal size (8½ x 14 in.) folder and shall be submitted within the prescribed
period, if applicable.
4. All sworn statements or affidavits must be original and duly notarized.
5. All civil registry documents issued in the Philippines (i.e. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, etc.) must
be original and issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
6. All foreign documents must be original and authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP), which has
jurisdiction over the place of issuance, or by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) if said document is issued by the local
Embassy in the Philippines, with English translation if written in other foreign language.
7. If the application is filed by an authorized representative, attach a photocopy of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Accreditation
Identification (ID) Certificate or an original Special Power of Attorney (SPA) for EACH applicant with a photocopy of a valid
government-issued ID of attorney-in-fact.
8. The original valid passport of the applicant must be submitted to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) personnel or concerned
frontline officer for scanning. Thereafter, it shall be returned.
9. The applicant and/or petitioner must always bring his/her original passport and/or valid ID (if Filipino) upon evaluation or
interview by Visa Officers.
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR
CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA BY MARRIAGE (PROBATIONARY)
Please read carefully the above-stated General Instructions
before proceeding with the completion of the documentary requirements.
1. Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse;
2. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form CGAF-001-Rev 2);
3. Marriage Certificate or Marriage Contract;
4. Birth Certificate or certified true copy of BI-issued Identification Certificate as Filipino citizen of the Filipino spouse;
5. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay;
6. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, if application is filed six (6) months or more from the date of first arrival
in the Philippines;
7. BI Clearance Certificate; and
8. Original or certified true copy of Bureau of Quarantine Medical Clearance, if applicant is a national of any of the countries listed
under Annex “A” of Immigration Operations Order No. SBM-14-059-A who arrived in the Philippines on or after June 2014.
Checklist of Documentary Requirements for EACH Dependent
1. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form CGAF-001-Rev 2);
2. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay
3. Proof of filiation with the petitioner;
4. Valid NBI Clearance for each dependent 15 years of age or above, if application is filed six (6) months or more from the date of
first arrival in the Philippines;
5. BI Clearance Certificate; and
6. Original or certified true copy of Bureau of Quarantine Medical Clearance, if applicant is a national of any of the countries listed
[To be filled out by Authorized BI Personnel Only]
CERTIFICATION
This is to certify that the documents submitted in support of the application of _________________________________
(Name of Applicant)
______________________________ are complete and in accordance with the provided checklist.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

• Thanks 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

When I got the SRRV Classic Visa they required a medical exam, which consisted of a chest x-ray and giving a urine sample. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. 

• Thanks 2

Howard
Posted
Posted

I didn't have to get medical test's when I got 13A in Philippines, but I've heard others that got theirs in the US did.

• Like 2