Are Medical Exams Needed to Get Permanent Residency Visas to Live in the Philippines?

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

When i applied at the Philippines Embassy in London for the 13A visa.

One of the things i had to provide was a chest Xray and the image and details put onto a cd.

Problem was however the immigration medical doctors Pc was running windows XP !

And couldnt read the disk ! She apologised but signed the required forms as ok !

Got my ACR card a week later.

• 4 months later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted

When I applied for my 13A in Hong Kong, i needed to get a medical. Blood tests, stool test, Urine test and general examination and chest x-ray. From memory, the application form had a section that had to be signed by the doctor who did the examination. When I went to BI for my ACER, the urine test result had been lost so I needed to get another to give the Quarantine department for them to sign off. In summary, I believe some form of medical is needed for a 13A.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

I believe some form of medical is needed for a 13A.

Only if you are applying from outside the Philippines, I certainly did not have a medical at all, most of us have been in the PI for a while but from Outside, they need to ensure you don't have some Lurgy. Such is my Experience and many others I know of

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think if you're getting married you just need your head tested. 🤣 Joking aside there is a medical form online but as has been highlighted it depends on who is checking your paperwork. 

When I looked at a retirement visa the medical form was pretty much bloods, chest xray, blood pressure etc. You are graded A, B or C. A being serious illness or being a contamination risk. B was general medical issues but not too serious and C was minor to no illnesses. Immigration had their chosen medical centre that you go to.

• Like 2