Dumaguete transport

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Is there anything like grab in Dumaguete and any recommendations for a van and driver. Several years ago we hire a van and driver via the Bethal Hotal but I think we paid the tourist rate.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There are a few places on the highway between Robinsons place a Valencia.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

Several years ago we hire a van and driver via the Bethal Hotal but I think we paid the tourist rate.

I think thats because locals don't hire a van and driver so anyone who does is a tourist . .  thus the tourist rate.  

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

Several years ago we hire a van and driver via the Bethal Hotal but I think we paid the tourist rate.

Do you remember how much it was.I had one for 2800 18 months ago but since have been quoted 3k to 3500,van and driver.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We paid 3000 pesos about 10 years ago, the reason I asked because someone posted last year sometime that they expected to pay about 1500 pesos in Dumaguete. Was hoping that if the wife, a local, enquired away for the hotel we would get a reasonable rate.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gary D said:

last year sometime that they expected to pay about 1500 pesos in Dumaguete.

When I looked for a minivan (without driver) to hire for myself and a couple of friends; the cheapest I could find was 2,000 per day and that took a lot of looking and negotiating.  1500 pesos will rent you a Wigo without driver if you are lucky.  It may get you a jeepney with driver.  Not sure what they are asking these days.

Those were the prices I found 6 months ago.  I also found many outfits charging double those prices, again without driver.  You have to shop around.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There are five or so places to hire in Dumaguete with a google search. One place charges 5000 peso security deposit for locals and 8000 for foreigners. The logic, who knows? 

https://www.saferidecarrental.com/faq/