Flying from Dumaguete to Manila

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The check in clerk wants to see your papers please.

You mean your onward ticket ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

bows, you are making this much harder than it really is. You are are the first person  from the US on this forum I have heard of who went to the Philippine  Embassy to get the extension to 59 days before arriving.

It really is this simple. You buy either a round trip ticket or a one way ticket with a throw away (the cheapest ticket you can find showing you are leaving the Philippines at some date as much as a year in the future). Once you arrive you may be able to get your extension to 59 days at the airport before you go through immigration, just need approximately 3200 pesos. Or you can go to a Bureau of Immigration office after you have been here 2-3 weeks and get the extension there.

It really is simple. No need to complicate it.

bows00
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, earthdome said:

It really is simple. No need to complicate it.

What's to complicate?  I had this 59 day vacation planned way in advance.  So why not get the 59 day visa before the trip (less hassles when I get there at half the price).  

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 1/22/2018 at 5:59 PM, sonjack2847 said:

They will tell you when you get there it is a small airport so it is really easy to find.

That is what I suspected but never hurts to ask :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

That is what I suspected but never hurts to ask :thumbsup:

I would tell you more if I could remember but it was about 15 feet away from check in.

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I got to Dumaguete airport and the flight was delayed by 1 hour so I still had quite a while to wait.Flew to Manila I had no problems at check or immigration I went to the desk to get an Exit clearance certificate( I have 13a visa) and was all done in 5 minutes cost 2880.The next flight to Bangkok was also delayed by 2 hours waiting again.The duty free is 40-50% dearer than the local store so I didn`t bother.Coming back through Bangkok airport I had to show my PP and ACR 13 card and I had no trouble getting through check in or customs.Got some duty free there.Went down to boarding and flew on time.Got to Manila got through customs in minutes with no problems.Then once again a delay of 1.5 hours.Got to Dumaguete collected my  bag and out in 5 minutes.I flew with Philippines airlines 3 out of 4 flights were late,no wonder you have to wait so long between flights.Still I had a good time and overall it was a good time,luckily I had a good book to read.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I got to Dumaguete airport and the flight was delayed by 1 hour

Go ahead, you can say it ..  . . . "Yes Dave, you were right" :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

On 1/22/2018 at 8:47 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

the 1 hour often turns to 2 as the plane is often late.

Seriously though, I'm happy you had a good trip. Hope it was all fun.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Go ahead, you can say it ..  . . . "Yes Dave, you were right" :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Seriously though, I'm happy you had a good trip. Hope it was all fun.

Yes Dave you were right happy now.:thumbsup:

I did have a good time thanks mate.

I left home and when we were going through town there was hardly any traffic so I did arrive a little earlier than planned.I could have done without the delays as this made me late getting to Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1