Foreigners murdered in Philippines

davewe
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Imagine if I left here to go back to Canada and the first week back I got run over by a bus.  I'd be just as dead.

And a hell of a lot colder .

• Haha 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I left here to go back to Canada and the first week back I got run over by a bus.  I'd be just as dead.

Well look on the bright side you wouldn`t be driving it would you.

• Haha 1

Robi
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, usa32 said:

Any numbers out there?

Possibly Not.

Moderators edit:  I combined the 2 posts for you.  Welcome to the forum

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, RBM said:

reduce your risk using common sense and living under the radar.

I was talking to a local yesterday about the US man shot in Bohol.He asked if  robbery was the cause of the shooting.I told him I doubt it as he was out jogging so would probably have little or no money on him.So Bruce your advice is correct.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, RBM said:

Not, reduce your risk using common sense and living under the radar.

Philippines is not for everyone, many here have enjoyed countless years by following simale guidelines. 

I just done a random goole search for husbands killed by wives or family members in the Philippines. It's an eye opener and not just Western husbands. Japanese and Koreans also come in high up the list. 

The deaths of foreigners here as a percentage of the population is relatively high but as you've highlighted many of them never flew below the radar. When it comes to family then it's not so easy maybe. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Reduce your risk further by staying single and poor :whistling:

My wife is taking care of the "poor" part. :console:  Always a comfort to know the wife is taking care of my safety. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

There are figures available for per capita deaths for most countries around the world but the notes around them say to use caution comparing figures for countries because of differences in the methodology used to collect the information and as to what constitutes murder in various jurisdictions and also those figures don't show 'just expats', they're only for countries as a whole. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Reduce your risk further by staying single and poor :whistling:

And avoid the loan shark business especially if named Singh☠️🗡🔫

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

What bothers me most about the "murdered foreigners in the Philippines" situation is that none of the murderers ever seem to be brought to justice. I've read several online PI news sources every day for several years and I've seen nothing about any murderers of foreigners being tried and convicted. I recall only one arrest- a security guard at a dive shop on Malapascua was arrested for killing his employer. I never saw any news of a trial.

My wife's relatives in the PI police say trials and convictions happen but they don't appear in the news. I'm skeptical.

Edited by Guy F.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Guy F. said:

What bothers me most about the "murdered foreigners in the Philippines" situation is that none of the murderers ever seem to be brought to justice. I've read several online PI news sources every day for several years and I've seen nothing about any murderers of foreigners being tried and convicted. I recall only one arrest- a security guard at a dive shop on Malapascua was arrested for killing his employer. I never saw any news of a trial.

My wife's relatives in the PI police say trials and convictions happen but they don't appear in the news. I'm skeptical.

MONEY

• Thanks 1