House OKs easier marriage annulment

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

An annulment says the marriage should never have happened,

Gary, not going split hairs here but I think you will find that is means as if it had never happened/existed BUT of course, it did with the same Trappings as any other marriage. 

Story time;

We have friends who went through an annulment (completed in Nov last year) Now the settlement they had to do was just the same as a Divorce (Funds, Property cars and such) Even visiting rights etc for the 3 Children.All in All it was just as if they had been in the UK or the US, he got Stung one way or the other, For me this Annulment business is just a Divorce by another name, Time they came into this century.

**An annulment of marriage is a legal decree that a marriage is null and void.Annulments are granted when a court makes a finding a marriage is invalid. While a divorce ends a legally valid marriage, an annulment treats the marriage as if it never existed**

I tend to think the sentence in RED is a Pisstake, A marriage did take place  and it Existed in law on various issues as per my story here SO, I am Bemused by it all

• Like 1