Disabled People Are More RESPECTED Here

mrworldwide
Posted
Posted

Take the LRT in Manila and disabled people get to the front of the line, without hassle. 

Take the bus between cities and there is a discount but I need to get a disabled person's ID. I have heard that the town hall (my local one is Olongapo) is the place to get one but if anyone could confirm that might save me a trip. 

Also does anyone know where the post office in Olongapo is?

mrworldwide
Posted
Posted

P.s. can moderators kindly turn off the approval requirement for my posts since I'm clearly a genuine person. . salamat po.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, mrworldwide said:

can moderators kindly turn off the approval requirement for my posts since I'm clearly a genuine person

Moderator's Note:

People who ask to have the "moderator's approval" turned off raise a red flag for moderators.  If you are a genuine person then all your posts will be permitted.  I had no reason to doubt you until this post.

I shall refer this post .Jollygoodfellow who makes that decision.  Welcome to the forum and thank you for the genuine posts so far :58:

• Like 1

mrworldwide
Posted
Posted

I'm guessing you're one of those shoot trespassers first, ask questions later type of guys. Not hating if that works out well for you. Plenty of competing forums online though, doesn't hurt to be welcoming to new people.

Lets hope this thread will get some on topic replies. ;) :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, mrworldwide said:

I'm guessing you're one of those shoot trespassers first, ask questions later type of guys. Not hating if that works out well for you. Plenty of competing forums online though, doesn't hurt to be welcoming to new people.

Lets hope this thread will get some on topic replies. ;) :thumbsup:

In my experience most forums have a 'probationary period' for new members which have a few restrictions such as not permitting PM's until a certain number of posts have been made and the vetting of content posted by new members. I think you will find that this forum has a very reasonable attitude to moderation.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Ken

mrworldwide
Posted
Posted

I've been a member since 2013 but only made 4 posts (so it seems) that year. In reality, I think I made more but perhaps some were lost due to data issues. Also, I wish I had bought more flipping bitcoin back then!!!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, mrworldwide said:

Then :welcome-group: MrWorldwide.  I am the one who approved your first few posts and got you into the "no longer moderated" club. 

.Jollygoodfellow is the one who decides if you stay in that group.  He can be a grumpy old bear as so many of new members have tried those "competing forums" and got booted off  them so decided to try their luck here.  :hystery:  :hystery:

Have fun, take a few moments to aquaint yourself with the rules, and you will surely enjoy our little group

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mrworldwide said:

I need to get a disabled person's ID. I have heard that the town hall (my local one is Olongapo) is the place to get one but if anyone could confirm that might save me a trip.

While it is common in the Philippines to be able to 'get things done', like getting the ID you are asking about, it does not mean it was acquired legally. While it is true some foreigners have the ID, it is reserved for Philippine Citizens only. Companies can give discounts anytime they want but the ID is subsidised by the government. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

While it is common in the Philippines to be able to 'get things done', like getting the ID you are asking about, it does not mean it was acquired legally. While it is true some foreigners have the ID, it is reserved for Philippine Citizens only. Companies can give discounts anytime they want but the ID is subsidised by the government. 

I have heard that for the senior id but is it true for disabled as well?

There is a post office in Olongapo near city hall.   There is also one in the freeport.

Screenshot (131)_LI.jpg

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I have heard that for the senior id but is it true for disabled as well?

It has been a while since I read the law here so I will go with 99.99% yes. Example, do visitors to the States get Social Security Retirement (senior) or SSDI (disability) benefits or discounts? Might get discounts from individual businesses but not from the government. I do remember looking to get a disability card when I was living in Hong Kong but same thing, citizen only.