Guitar from Mactan to Dumaguete

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the near future, I plan on buying a guitar in Mactan and send it to Dumaguete.  Your opinions on the best way?  LBC, 2GO, etc.  If I decide to travel by air - just pay Cebu Pacific their extra fee to send it as extra check-in luggage (guess I'd have to buy a hard shell guitar case for this method)?

Edited by CoffeeRulzMe

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

As some know, I am a guitar guy. I guess the question I would have is to the cost and value of the guitar. If it's inexpensive your risk is small. If it's more expensive or has some sentimental value - like the one that I brought over that I had personally made, then getting a good case, checking out insurance options for shipping, etc. might be worth it.

If you check it in on an airline, try to gate check it; it's a little bit safer. Good luck and when you get it to Dumaguete come show it to me.

BTW, when I moved here we took the bus and ferry from Cebu to Duma and I kept it on the seat next to me. 

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, davewe said:

BTW, when I moved here we took the bus and ferry from Cebu to Duma and I kept it on the seat next to me. 

:89: You Got a seat all to yourself? :huh:

davewe
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: You Got a seat all to yourself? :huh:

I squeezed in and hugged the case. Sort of a seat and  half.

• Hmm thinking 1