Tourist visa getting harder?

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Reboot said:

She will be with me. Is the 13a the balikbayan?

my own experience ....

i came into the country on the tourist visa its automatic

i renewed in until i decided that i was going to stay here permanently after about a year. 

my wife did the letter of request that is required and the process began.. its was about 3 months of jumping through many hoops. visits to manila immigration ...forms... $$$$$... 

then? the interview.. questions to  your wife.. is your wife under any stress or duress from you? does your husband abuse you? are you being threatened? dont lose your cool.. its just their way, because i guess some women are in bad situations

roll with the questions ..answer honestly and let your loving wife basically handle the situation. 

after the interview we got a notice of approval. come get your picture taken and wait. you wont get it on the same day. when it was ready my wife went with by herself and retrieved it and the process was done. 

always take plenty of cash when you go.. at that time there were even fixers in immigration to do the service for you. they had handfuls of passports and pockets full of cash and they even got priority in the lines. 

its crowded all of the time.. its waiting and its frustrating, but you have to remain calm. on our last visit the staff shut all the windows down at 11 .. in came delivery boys with arm loads of pizzas and went upstairs where some one was having a party of some kind.. 

300 people sat and waited 3 hours while those idiots had their party on the clock. IMAGINE?

when they finally opened up again it was a mad rush to the windows. PEOPLE WERE FURIOUS.. my wife who is so mild mannered and always avoids confrontations lost her demeanor and pushed through the crowd to the window demanding to be served at once in a very loud voice shocked, the people gave way to her and the clerk immediately helped her and our day was done.. it was close to closing time  by then and all of those people that wouldnt get served would be forced to return at least another day 

maybe its stream lined now. maybe it will be easy and youll have a great experience. GOOD LUCK SIR

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
Just now, lobojohn said:

my own experience ....

i came into the country on the tourist visa its automatic

i renewed in until i decided that i was going to stay here permanently after about a year. 

my wife did the letter of request that is required and the process began.. its was about 3 months of jumping through many hoops. visits to manila immigration ...forms... $$$$$... 

then? the interview.. questions to  your wife.. is your wife under any stress or duress from you? does your husband abuse you? are you being threatened? dont lose your cool.. its just their way, because i guess some women are in bad situations

roll with the questions ..answer honestly and let your loving wife basically handle the situation. 

after the interview we got a notice of approval. come get your picture taken and wait. you wont get it on the same day. when it was ready my wife went with by herself and retrieved it and the process was done. 

always take plenty of cash when you go.. at that time there were even fixers in immigration to do the service for you. they had handfuls of passports and pockets full of cash and they even got priority in the lines. 

its crowded all of the time.. its waiting and its frustrating, but you have to remain calm. on our last visit the staff shut all the windows down at 11 .. in came delivery boys with arm loads of pizzas and went upstairs where some one was having a party of some kind.. 

300 people sat and waited 3 hours while those idiots had their party on the clock. IMAGINE?

when they finally opened up again it was a mad rush to the windows. PEOPLE WERE FURIOUS.. my wife who is so mild mannered and always avoids confrontations lost her demeanor and pushed through the crowd to the window demanding to be served at once in a very loud voice shocked, the people gave way to her and the clerk immediately helped her and our day was done.. it was close to closing time  by then and all of those people that wouldnt get served would be forced to return at least another day 

maybe its stream lined now. maybe it will be easy and youll have a great experience. GOOD LUCK SIR

p.s. YOUR WIFE IS YOUR MOST VALUABLE TREASURE HERE. MY OWN WIFE IS VERY GOOD AT DEALING WITH GOV. AGENCY'S. LET YOUR WIFE LEAD THE WAY AND HANDLE THE HARD STUFF. 

Clermont
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

p.s. YOUR WIFE IS YOUR MOST VALUABLE TREASURE HERE. MY OWN WIFE IS VERY GOOD AT DEALING WITH GOV. AGENCY'S. LET YOUR WIFE LEAD THE WAY AND HANDLE THE HARD STUFF. 

100% correct, when will us westerners learn this.

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Clermont said:

100% correct, when will us westerners learn this.

hard headed? ego? gluttons for punishment maybe? i dont know.

i learned it PDQ and have smooth sailing compared to others who have crashed upon the rocks time after time. 

the tribal lineage is very real and very strong among the tribes here. got a problem with a neighbor? hand it to your wife.. got an enemy bothering you? give it to your wife and the capt? etc etc..   Female Batangueno`s here are fiercely respected.