Any digital nomad business suggestions/advise to get into in preparation for move to philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can you get confirmed info on that? 

I could and will when l stumbled across the person in question but l will add that he did not last that long and tried to quit a few times but they talked him out of it until it was too much. The reason he left is that he could not keep up with the younger staff as they could answer and solve 3 callers to his one. He also felt left out as most are young and ignored him so it was uncomfortable. Might have been other reasons but l think that is the main ones so this sort of job may not suit all mature age workers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend works as a real estate VA for an American company, gets $1000 a month. You can easily find online jobs for $1000+ if you're a native speaker.

• Thanks 1

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

There is a huge range of online earning ventures. 

What is your background and expertise?

What capital do you have to invest in a venture?

Where do you plan to live - as Internet service varies?

How much time do you have to dedicate to an online pursuit?

marine6357
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

You can easily find online jobs for $1000+ if you're a native speaker.

Really? Would love to know some of these sites. But so far my experience has not been as fruitful.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
On 2/8/2018 at 7:43 PM, marine6357 said:

Really? Would love to know some of these sites. But so far my experience has not been as fruitful.

onlinejobs.ph and upwork you can find jobs. 

There's these guys aswell who train virtual assistants for real estate then they find you a job for $600-800 per month, they're obviously taking a chunk out of the pay though hence the lower rate:
https://www.myoutdesk.com.ph

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This has all suddenly become interesting to me because I just did my 2017 taxes.

Believe it or not, I could probably save money on taxes if I had just a bit of "earned" income.  I am missing out on some tax credits because I only have passive income, not earned.

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Some interesting feedback thanks everyone I’m a fibre technician engineer but don’t fancy tackling the cables out in phil 😝🤟🏼.

Will still keep an eye out, there’s time to learn still what would work. An online travel agency franchise was looking fruitful to tie in with my love to travel and take pictures everywhere. 

Might just expand on the social media front and build the following up pre moving to hopefully help others along the way but if successful gather an income.

Have a blessed evening all 😉👍