Growing Rice #2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, allancomeau said:

(BTW it is called the Food Web) (I taught high school Science until last year :( )

Damn good thing we have Google then.  It has done away with the need to be corrected by high school teachers by those of us no longer in school.  As Google describes it, there is a Food Web which consists of many Food Chains.  Perhaps the member really did mean Food Chain.

A food web consists of many food chains. A food chain only follows just one path as animals find food. eg: A hawk eats a snake, which has eaten a frog, which has eaten a grasshopper, which has eaten grass. A food web shows the many different paths plants and animals are connected

• Like 2

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

At the risk of raising more hackles..........

A food chain is used more to show the position of a predator/prey whereas the food web illustrates the relationships between the producers and consumers. As rice fields constitute more an ecosystem then a food web is more relevant to showing what is happening.

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, allancomeau said:

At the risk of raising more hackles..........

[Sigh]

6 minutes ago, allancomeau said:

As rice fields constitute more an ecosystem then a food web is more relevant to showing what is happening.

sacasm emotion.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

[Sigh]

At the risk of raising more hackles, shouldn't that be a semi-colon and not a period between "Please" and "Go on"  :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: Just stirring it and testing your patience, my friend.  So long as we all know what is meant then your part of the communication is accomplished.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

At the risk of raising more hackles, shouldn't that be a semi-colon and not a period between "Please" and "Go on"  :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:whistling:I will let Google know your thoughts  Bells ( tell me that again).jpg  :thumbsup:

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling:I will let Google know your thoughts    :thumbsup:

You are too kind.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, allancomeau said:

You are too kind.

:hystery: