Where to find good head.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lettuce can be difficult sometimes  to get really  fresh one here( Dumaguete).I bought one the other week and the very next day the stalk was black and mushy.I had the same trouble with broccoli.

Edited by sonjack2847

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Here in Iloilo we can get good lettuce at  Robinsons and S&R but too expensive.  Downtown is a wet market called 'super' (actually the terminal market).  There is a vendor that sell hydroponic lettuce super cheap. I buy a grocery bag full for under p50.  It is not always there, but a good find.  Hopefully your city has someone growing hydroponics... 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Dang,  now I gotta go to the head.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/7/2018 at 10:18 PM, PaulB said:

McDonalds? Always seems they have crispy lettuce!

BK even better!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here in Olongapo I think there are two routes for lettuce.

1.  Every head goes from Baguio to a Manila distribution center and then back to the major markets in Subic Bay Freeport like Royal, where they put such a high price on it, it sits and rots.  The transit time to the market is several days.

2.  Direct from Baguio to the Sat/Sun morning big wet market.  They seemed to be fresh picked.  My wife has been buying these and although they are not giant, they are crispy and fresh, and the price is good.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Here in Olongapo I think there are two routes for lettuce.

1.  Every head goes from Baguio to a Manila distribution center and then back to the major markets in Subic Bay Freeport like Royal, where they put such a high price on it, it sits and rots.  The transit time to the market is several days.

2.  Direct from Baguio to the Sat/Sun morning big wet market.  They seemed to be fresh picked.  My wife has been buying these and although they are not giant, they are crispy and fresh, and the price is good.

Used to go to Barrio Barretto back in the day. Nice beaches. Cauliflower here is good but expensive and small. Celery is not crisp and crunchy..but what the hell..it's all good.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

"Where to find a good head"

Here's me thinking we were talking about a good head of beer!

This post has gone down like a wet lettuce :cheers: (JPEG Image, 164 × 118 pixels) 

• Like 2