Keeper Memorandum of Agreement

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

who my friends were (don't worry guys, I did not mention any names :morning1: ) 

This is weird, but I think I just heard what sounded like a huge sigh of relief coming from the southwest. :whistling:

Edited by Mike J
Damn spell check!
  • Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just to add to my last post so we can Understand a little more about this 

***Before you can get a Postal ID or a Mayor’s Permit, you have to get a Barangay Clearance first. This is one of the documents that is in demand in transacting with government offices. Moreover, this is commonly requested for ID application, employment requirements, Affidavits, and other legal transactions. *** (Building Permits, Utilities etc etc)

http://faq.ph/how-to-get-a-barangay-clearance-in-the-philippines/

Many times we read this is not required but it is and is getting to be a Must if you want to get things done, We all have a Little Moan about day to day things in this land of Bureaucracy, So let's do our bit to ease it and comply :thumbsup: 

!00% behind you there, we often moan about the incompetence of the PI worker, but guess what, they are shifting into the 21st century and that can only be good for expats. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 1

forget_it
Posted
Posted

This is nothing about a Barangay Clearance, I have one and they know me there. I've been in the same location for 5 years. I was just curious to see if anyone else had been given a form like this. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, forget_it said:

I was just curious to see if anyone else had been given a form like this. 

Sometime ago Each City Municipality, was ordered by Du30 to do this  Form Filling as part of the Alien Programme, It has everything to do with Barangay updates of foreigners living in various Barangays, Our Captain here in my Barangay asks that very simple Question, "Are you registered"? They are getting their act Together Somewhat! anyone trying to get a Clearance in the very near future will not get it until they have Registered, call it anything you want, They just want to know who you are and where you are. Geeze we moan about  Aliens and stuff in our own countries and here we are Still trying to Duck and Dive ( Well those of Dubious character will be.:whistling:)

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, forget_it said:

This is nothing about a Barangay Clearance, I have one and they know me there. I've been in the same location for 5 years. I was just curious to see if anyone else had been given a form like this. 

I also live in a subdision but, like all subdivisions, they have to co-operate with the Barangay.  It is the barangay who the PNP are instructing to collect this info and you are correct, it is not for a Barangay Clearance it is a "requirement".

The PNP were given the task, (by some bureaucrat), of "registering" all the foreigners.  They kick it down the road to the Barangay captain.  Sounds like he kicked it down the road to the Subdivision.  Since "they know you there", at the Barangay Captain level, then go ask him about that form and see if he says the same.  No harm in finding out if you are getting singled out for special treatment and he's the one to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

This not a particularly new thing, We should all by the law report to the barangay captain after 6 months of residence and have a Clearance (Which can be asked for in a lot of Circumstances) It really is in our own Interest to do this, (We never know when we may need the help of the Captain) Basically it is a need to know who is who in the Barangay.  In our own Countries we would have to do the Same ( Local taxes etc)

To answer about Locals YES! they too have to get a clearance, Schools insist on a Clearance for as child to enroll, Should any one require a PNP Clearance the First thing you will be asked for is your Barangay Clearance. They are not just snooping but trying to get the Population in some sort of Order

Such is my experience.

Jack:smile:

Morning All :morning1: 

I did not realize this. This is good info. I live next to the Purok leader (whatever he's called) but I never had any dealings with the barangay leader.

• 4 months later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 2/9/2018 at 8:52 AM, Jack Peterson said:

This not a particularly new thing, We should all by the law report to the barangay captain after 6 months of residence and have a Clearance

Can you let me know where this law is written  as I have been challenged on this and would like to put the person right. Cheers mate

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Can you let me know where this law is written  as I have been challenged on this and would like to put the person right. Cheers mate

Barangay Clearance is required for applying a job ( local employment )

One of the requirements for applying or opening a bank account

Required for business establishment

Many financial transactions also requires certificate of residency ( lending, loan, financing, etc. )

Getting Postal I.D

Police Clearance

NBI Clearance  | NBI Clearance Online

License Renewal (Firearms/Driver’s)

Tricycle Franchise

Travel Abroal

Others

The main idea is to certify that you are indeed living or residing in a particular barangay. You can use this for many businesses and different legal transactions.

Sample of Barangay Clearance;

https://powerpinoys.com/barangay-clearance-certificate-philippines-requirements/

Hope this helps :wink: