13A Amendment to Permanent - Balanga City BI

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Do we have any members with over 5 years on a 13a?  :89:

I cracked the joke because I honestly don't know any. members or not, who have over 5 years on a 13a (legitimately).  I know lots of guys married to a filipina for more than 5 years but that 13a seems to be jinxed as I cannot think of anyone who made it past the 5 year renewal point, so speak up guys .  . . . . . its your 15 minutes of fame if you've done it! :morning1:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was talking to a man in a bar here who had done it he said it was easy and made no mention of going to Manila.What abouty Aussie Neal or Rob have they done it.

Edited by sonjack2847
Added a word

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was talking to a man in a bar here

So an (some nationality) walks into a bar . ..   :hystery: . . . and gets the answer to our question :58:

EDIT:  Sorry Kev, it is forbidden to discuss your heritage on here.  I guess there are some who are not proud of it so you become "some nationality".  :7500:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 2/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, OnMyWay said:

One more thing I was going ask all of you on 13A.

The guy there said that after 5 years the ACR card has to be renewed.  And that it can only be done in Manila.  Does anyone know if the Manila part is true?

All of the information I can get from expats leads me to thinking that it has to be done at a main immigration office like Cebu or Manila but I guess any office which is not a field office/outpost can do it sorry but that is all I could find out.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So an (some nationality) walks into a bar . ..   :hystery: . . . and gets the answer to our question :58:

EDIT:  Sorry Kev, it is forbidden to discuss your heritage on here.  I guess there are some who are not proud of it so you become "some nationality".  :7500:

Thanks for giving some insite as to what your post means.

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 2/9/2018 at 6:40 AM, OnMyWay said:

Do we have any members with over 5 years on a 13a?  :89:

Who knows what might happen in 5  years. Perhaps the horse will learn how to sing.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We went back for our interview today.  The worker had told us last week that basically it would be to just sign the papers.  So I was surprised when the attorney grilled me pretty good!  I must have had the shifty look today.  The interview in Manila for the 13a probationary was short and not as aggressive.

Turns out the attorney was in charge of Olongapo City BI from 2012 to 2014, so he knows the area, and asked some questions about living there.  I have probably seen him before.  He asked me several pointed questions about our relationship, dates, why I want to live here, etc.   He then asked my wife a lot in Tagalog, and she told me afterward a bunch of it.  "Is he a good man?"  "Is he a drinker?"  "Tell me right now, does he hit or abuse you?  Tell me now and I will get him out of the country right away!"

I don't have any problem with this at all.  I have met some expats in Subic area that I would not want my daughter or sister to marry, so I hope he is able to prevent them from getting a 13a.

Then he lightened up and we had a more friendly chat for a while.  He did confirm they can't process an ACR card renewal right now, but that might change.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, OnMyWay said:

"Tell me right now, does he hit or abuse you?  Tell me now and I will get him out of the country right away!"

Just shows how a Filipina can just make an accusation and end up with everything that the foreigner paid for. :pufff:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just shows how a Filipina can just make an accusation and end up with everything that the foreigner paid for. :pufff:

True, but hopefully any expat applying with his wife for a 13A knows her well enough to know she would not do that.  If she really was being abused, I hope she would say something.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

True, but hopefully any expat applying with his wife for a 13A knows her well enough to know she would not do that.  If she really was being abused, I hope she would say something.

I agree but just lately we are hearing many stories of the opposite, Long & Short standing marriages going South.

• Like 1