13A Amendment to Permanent - Balanga City BI

Clermont
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I agree but just lately we are hearing many stories of the opposite, Long & Short standing marriages going South.

Yes there is no quick fix to that problem, best to sort your finances out and if you've bought a house for 2/3 mil be prepared to walk away, or just rent. Leave the bulk of your money in your home country, money transfers are easy nowadays, no need for large amounts over there. :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Clermont said:

Yes there is no quick fix to that problem,

Thing is though it not just about Money (Although that is the Norm), I tend to think our Ladies have learned (learnt) about the 7 year itch and reporting us to the BI is an easy way out for them

JMHO but :89:

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Thing is though it not just about Money (Although that is the Norm), I tend to think our Ladies have learned (learnt) about the 7 year itch and reporting us to the BI is an easy way out for them

Yeah, you could be right there, but it is a bit harder than posts have indicated to get you out of the country. Plus the shame the woman would go through within her community, the cases would be minimal. Not saying it doesn't happen, but maybe the bloke mightn't be treating her properly and deserves it. :thumbsup:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I can easily go back to a tourist visa.  Anytime she complains about something I tell her to pack her shit and go  ha ha   :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I can easily go back to a tourist visa.  Anytime she complains about something I tell her to pack her shit and go  ha ha   :tiphat:

Whilst I admire your thoughts Tim, getting rid of a Tourist is the easiest way of Deporting, Just disallow the Extension :wink:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I an always move to Vietnam or Thailand ha ha.  I  am flexible.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I an always move to Vietnam or Thailand ha ha.  I  am flexible.

:hystery: Tim you Gotta get that ECC first and if you have been naughty "No way Jose"

3rd base uncovered? :wink: Whatever I am sure you will be OK, you seem to have it made so I would worry not :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, OnMyWay said:

We went back for our interview today.  The worker had told us last week that basically it would be to just sign the papers.  So I was surprised when the attorney grilled me pretty good!  I must have had the shifty look today.  The interview in Manila for the 13a probationary was short and not as aggressive.

I forgot to add something funny that happened at the interview.

My hearing is not good.  Too much time in my younger years around rock n roll and jet engines!  I often will hear something said and too quickly respond without asking to be sure what was asked.

So, the first question out of the attorney's mouth was  "Do you have a copy of your marriage certificate?"

My response was "No, that is not required for the U.S."

Him:  "What!"

My mind interpreted what he asked for as "medical certificate"!  I knew that was one of the 13a visa requirement for some countries so I assumed that is what he said.

My wife quickly jumped in and said "marriage" certificate and she had one in the car if needed.

In the end he said don't worry about it and didn't need it.  It is not one of the listed requirements  for the 13A permanent.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It is not one of the listed requirements  for the 13A permanent.

He should have known that you had already shown it at your probationary. No need for that question at all.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

No need for that question at all.

I just can't get my head around all this