Not Microsoft office.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I don`t get much call to use Microsoft office but occasionally I have to.I have it it on my laptop but it is a hassle to hook that up to the printer.I didn`t want to pay out much money as I only use it about once in a blue moon.I went online and found a free download called softmaker software.I downloaded this and it works great and as far as I remember it does all of the things I did on Microsoft office a few years ago.So if anybody wants free office check these people out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I am an infrequent user, so I use open office software named after a North American Indian tribe of the SW USA when I want to do a bit of memory writing. I don't know if its allowed to post the name here, so I won't, but free office software is available on line and works for my limited budget. 

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I got MS Office Professional 2007 for free... so I have never upgraded. When I get a new PC I uninstall their promo (pay later) version and put mine on. It is old... but still works for everything I need.  I do a lot of word processing, spreadsheets, and use Outlook as my mail handler.  I am shocked they still do updates for it, considering how old it is.

I do miss Front Page, for web design, but they dumped that many many years ago. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I got MS Office Professional 2007 for free... so I have never upgraded. When I get a new PC I uninstall their promo (pay later) version and put mine on. It is old... but still works for everything I need.  I do a lot of word processing, spreadsheets, and use Outlook as my mail handler.  I am shocked they still do updates for it, considering how old it is.

I do miss Front Page, for web design, but they dumped that many many years ago. 

I had office 2010 but I don`t know how to swap it over to the new computer, actually I didn`t know you could do that without an activation code.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I had office 2010 but I don`t know how to swap it over to the new computer, actually I didn`t know you could do that without an activation code.

I just use the installation disk. It is on like the 5th or 6th computer now. :tiphat:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I use Open Office. I don't use any of it like I did when I was working but it seems to do the job.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

I am an infrequent user, so I use open office software named after a North American Indian tribe of the SW USA when I want to do a bit of memory writing. I don't know if its allowed to post the name here, so I won't, but free office software is available on line and works for my limited budget. 

Uh, I think I named it... :Caught:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I use apache open office its free its great for spreadsheets and documents and you can download many templates.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I just use the installation disk. It is on like the 5th or 6th computer now. :tiphat:

My disk said that it was only good for 3 uses which we have used so it went in the bin.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

My disk said that it was only good for 3 uses which we have used so it went in the bin.

All you do is download online.