Power and Freedom Brings Out Who We Really Are

bows00
Posted
Posted

Once an expat moves to the Philippines, they have an instant advantage in this country - and I am referring to our spending power.  And with that boost in power, brings a sense of instant freedom - the freedom to be who we really are.  And this condition just amplifies our core values and true nature.  For example, if you are a generous expat, you enjoy giving a 20% tip to a hard working filipino to make their day.  If you are happy, you smile more and spread that happiness even more here.  

Unfortunately, there is an opposite affect.  I have witnessed several miserable expats spreading their demise all around.  

Don't really know where I am going with this thread - just something I observed...  

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

In addition most expats don't wake up well before dawn scrape ice off a windshield and drive to work.

I cant wait to be a expat, its damp and cold here.:umbrella_80_anim_gif:

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

I cant wait to be a expat, its damp and cold here.:umbrella_80_anim_gif:

Sorry Steve, no suggestions for the dampness but don't argue with Em, she'll keep the cold out with cuddles. :mocking:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bows00 said:

Once an expat moves to the Philippines, they have an instant advantage in this country - and I am referring to our spending power.  

Even if it were true, which isn't necessarily the case, that so-called advantage can quickly become a disadvantage.

In any country, including our own, people throwing money around can become unpopular very quickly - and poor!

As others way more experienced than I have said, enjoy but not overtly.

• Like 1