Christmas box twofer: Manuana & not my fault

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This kinda stuff doesn't bother me any more I simply roll my eyes or smile.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

We now have two "Christmas" balikbayan boxes overflowing in the garage, and in the way. It's not my fault they'er late you put a box on top of them she says. Yep I did. A small empty amazon box the one who must be obeyed told me to save. :89:

So heres the deal my wife and boys are going in August. What do you all think the chances are they will take those boxes with them?:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a large closet where things will accumulate over time until we finally send one or two balikbayan boxes. My wife does fairly well at shopping garage sales, clearance, seasonal sales and after holiday sales. Stores just don't have sales in the Philippines like they do in the USA. Over time her sense of value and what is a good price continues to improve.

That was a valuable skill set as we shopped over the summer and fall for baby things.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have that many cloths that Emma saves over the year to then send to the Philippines, but there is way to many and we end up sending them to the charity shops here, it does make me wonder sometimes are we wasting our time as the kids seem to only want new items these days .

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Tess buys loads of cloths from the charity shops to send to the family, trouble is they spend most of their time in shorts and tee shirts and most of the stuff we send they considder as sunder best. Beings there is only one sunday a week they are getting loaded up with stuff and have started suggesting they don't need any more. Trouble is it make good packing around the more fragile stuff in the boxes.