All you can eat buffet.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, sonjack2847 said:

Here is a local one.And the reports I get is that the food is good.

Image may contain: food and text

Correct Jack, we ate there recently, if it's the spice in Valencia. The curries were wonderful and portion sizes enough for 2 people. I have no hesitation recommending this place although yet to try the buffet.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, RBM said:

Correct Jack, we ate there recently, if it's the spice in Valencia. The curries were wonderful and portion sizes enough for 2 people. I have no hesitation recommending this place although yet to try the buffet.

Yes it`s the one above 711,the owner went to Thailand last year to further her culinary skills there.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well I Googled that one and got this answer:

Dear Tom: Requiring patrons to use a clean plate for each trip to the buffet is a food safety issue. ... If you were to take a soiled plate back to the buffet, it is possible that the serving utensil could come into contact with the plate and contaminate the food on the buffet line.

Is that the same serving utensil thats sits half in a bowl of something, picked up by multiple people. Most buffets are self serve except for some areas or made to order.  Bit like the disease ridden utensils sitting on top of meat and chicken etc in the supermarkets.  :smile:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There is a little carinderia in my village that the food looks like that in the Spice Restaurant pic...  I'm completely addicted to their hinalam soup at p25 a serving that's actually big enough for three!  It's great food and the place is clean as it's scrubbed twice a day.  And I swear half the village eats there daily!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, i am bob said:

There is a little carinderia in my village that the food looks like that in the Spice Restaurant pic...  I'm completely addicted to their hinalam soup at p25 a serving that's actually big enough for three!  It's great food and the place is clean as it's scrubbed twice a day.  And I swear half the village eats there daily!

Always fascinates me, soup portions here are enough for an army. In the west we often take a soup before the main, usually here one soup fills two people.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Always fascinates me, soup portions here are enough for an army. In the west we often take a soup before the main, usually here one soup fills two people.

When I have doubts about the restaurant's sanitation regarding food preparation, I order a hot boil of soup. Hopefully, the boiling process has killed most of the bacteria.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

There was a fat comic who did a routine about Chinese  buffets,    

You between here four hour now.  Go home now.   big guy at the door saying I say that's all you can eat that's who says it's all you can eat

Funny bit but can't find it to reference, must of been the local comedy club.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

You between here four hour now.  Go home now.   big guy at the door saying I say that's all you can eat that's who says it's all you can eat

Funny bit but can't find it to reference, must of been the local comedy club.

Wasn`t that Homer Simson?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Let me help you

• Haha 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Tanks Dave, Do you sound like that when footing the unlimited bar tab

I always thought  that one of the funner acts.  Believe my wife a a couple of her buds could bring tears to a bufet owners eyes too.  They're not even fat.

:cornflakes:

• Haha 1