SuperFerry Tickets

Jon Edgar Brekke
Posted
Posted

Can anyone provide the site to buy SuperFerry tickets direct without the big mark up on 2go? I want to buy round trip from Dipolog or Dapitan to Manila. Thanks!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jon Edgar Brekke said:

the site to buy SuperFerry tickets direct without the big mark up on 2go

SuperFerry is owned by 2GO.  They were bought out back in 2010.  So what big markup do you mean?

Here is a bit of who owns what:

Until 2012, 2GO was known as Negros Navigation. It changed its name following a significant realignment of ferry transportation in the Philippines in which long-standing companies SuperFerry, Cebu Ferries and SuperCat merged into SuperFerry, under the Aboitiz Transport System. SuperFerry was purchased by Negros Navigation, in December 2010, for US$105 million.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Apologies, I'm going to insert a side topic ferry ticket cost question.

I don't use ferries in my area and down in Cebu area ferries are common, so I thought I would ask you guys a question.  They restarted a ferry service from Bataan to to MOA.  Apparently they had one years ago.   They have a nice ship and it is a 50 minute ride.  They currently have a one way promo fare of p450 that ends on March 15 at the start of summer season.  Then the "regular fare starts, p799.  Only kids under 2 are free and everyone else pays adult fare.

p799 seems really high???  Do you think the market will support it?  We visited the pier in Orion yesterday and it is really out of the way except for people who live right in that area, and there is not much tourism nearby.  It is about 1 hour 15 min from our house in Subic.

http://nolisoli.ph/33507/bataan-manila-ferry/

We found the facts in the above blog to be current and accurate , matching with what we found out at the pier.  We are thinking about doing an overnight MOA trip just for fun.  The kids have never ridden on a boat of any size!

• Like 1

Jon Edgar Brekke
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

SuperFerry is owned by 2GO.  They were bought out back in 2010.  So what big markup do you mean?

Here is a bit of who owns what:

Oh my that was a good business purchase and no wonder the rates are nearly as high as flying!  I just assumed wrongly that because I could never find the SupperFerry that 2GO was in the way, buying all the dot coms! So uneducated about this.  I guess I'll just have to pay high priced airfare during the season for my lady.  Because at first glance the prices for this SupperFerry are not enough savings to warrant the ticket price. Thanks for your response, greatly appreciated Dave! Cheers, Jon

• Like 3