Verenary Bacolod

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/16/2018 at 1:27 PM, RBM said:

His weight had dropped 40% since my time away

I guess since your partner is with the dog daily it may not have been as noticeable compared to seeing the dog after a long absence.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Two days ago I had to take my little schnauzer to the vet ,I had booked the appointment to have her put down, I have been royally procrastinating on doing it ,I felt guilty for doing it and guilty for not 

She was 18 years old and I've had her since she was 8 weeks old ,it was the right decision to make ,I held her on my knee and cuddled her ,stroked her ear whilst the vet administered the drugs ,she went limp and I let her down gently ,with tears in my eyes ,I'm not a soft bloke ,quite the opposite ,only doggy people get just how much they mean to you 

Really happy for you that your rotti is on the mend 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 5

BobP
Posted
Posted

So sad to hear of your loss Bastonjock.  I have been lucky to do it only twice in my life, but they were the hardest things I have ever had to do.  

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted
On 2/16/2018 at 12:27 AM, RBM said:

Unfortunately after arriving back here from a couple months abroad found my rotti in a bad way. Although my partner seems to display heaps of affection to him some how some way she was unable to pick up on the fact the dog was seriously ill.  I understand often locals have different ways of interpreting animals suffering how ever was very disappointing.

Made enquiries and ended up at Bacolod Verenary Clinic, amazed at the efficiency and company of staff. Complete blood test, thorough examination, injection plus meds for P1k. He has a mange virus plus caught some bacterial infection. His weight had dropped 40% since my time away.

I expect him to make a full recovery and do recommend this clinic.

So glad to here that your rotti is coming around to treatment.  Hoping yours and his future are bright!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
bastonjock
Posted
Posted

On a brighter note this little cutie is called a cockerpoo ,my daughter who has just bought her first house says she needs another dog to go with the house 

IMG-20180226-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2