Is this Normal

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

Well the time draws closer for my first ever trip to the phils ,I shall be there in 4 weeks time .Ive been chatting to a woman for about 6 months now and she will meet me when I land in Davao , the good news is that instead of us heading off to a resort on Samal Island ,I have to go to her family home and meet her family ,from what I can work out there are about 20 of them all itching to meet me . I know its a different culture but being dragged off to meet her family straight away is that a normal act ?  or is this something that a traditional family would expect ,this lady is 40 years old not ,18 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It depends on the lady and her family no clear answer. Certainly don’t think it’s unusual though.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I would say yes. She appears to be a traditional girl so yes you need to meet the family.  If not then it was nice knowing you and your head will always be attached to the forum even if detached in person. :smile:

Just joking. Ask her but l think you will be fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Sounds like her family are very protective of her, dont be surprised  if you are both

chaperoned  as well :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

the girl comes across as an honest hard working woman , she has not asked for anything from me ,other than I take her to an exotic restaurant and meet her family , who knows what will evolve but I intend to approach it all with an open mind.

I'm not looking forward to the flight ,14 hours then an 8 hour wait for a connecting flight to Davao ,followed by a car ride into Banana country

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Sounds like her family are very protective of her, dont be surprised  if you are both

as long as the chaperone pays for their own hotel bill hehe , seriously ,I'm taking a buddy with me and he has been fixed up with one of her friends ,we spend a week in samal then we head up to Subic ,I'm hoping to get a better feel for the phils , if I like it there ,I plan to move out there on a more permanent basis

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Yeah, prepare to be chaperoned and also be a Santa Claus every day.  Completely overhaul your tolerance level and open your eyes to a new adventure.....your second chance to a new and wonderful life.  Have fun and stay safe, OK?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Better if YOU are in control. Get a good night’s sleep when u arrive. Meet them all the next day at Jolibee cuz they will probably order the most expensive items on the menu plus takeout for the cousins who couldn’t be there. Do not give / lend any money. Just say no budget. Save the exotic restaurant for when it is just you and her.

Edited by Lou49
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • I'm Confused 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Best apply now for excess baggage as your sure going to need it.

If it was me, my ground rules would be set immediately, big no no, need settle into my hotel and relax before venturing into her territory. Probably mean sleeping alone to begin but what the heck, get your rest.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1