Is this Normal

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I would be outta there.

20 miles up the mountains on a jungle road and relying on a relative to give you a ride out of there?   I don't think so.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd be thinking you are already lined up to be married. You are the prize Kano so everyone will be there for a pound of flesh.

From my experience Filipinos think they are over the hill if not married by the age of 30 so for her to hook you this is a major event in the village. Tread carefully. 

• Like 5

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't be giving her family any money the first time I met them. I recommend finding someone who has atleast some of their own money (25k+ per month).
We do buy her family some food to be fair but not much, probably about 3k pesos per month and that's only because her Mum has alzheimer's and both her younger brothers are at uni. Not once have any of her family asked me for money.
Not all women and their families are after your money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

20 miles up the mountains on a jungle road and relying on a relative to give you a ride out of there?   I don't think so.

Actually I meant, out of the relationship, when feasible.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I wouldn't be giving her family any money the first time I met them. I recommend finding someone who has atleast some of their own money (25k+ per month).
We do buy her family some food to be fair but not much, probably about 3k pesos per month and that's only because her Mum has alzheimer's and both her younger brothers are at uni. Not once have any of her family asked me for money.
Not all women and their families are after your money.

She has her own business , whilst not being wealthy she's not broke either 

• Like 4

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I'd be thinking you are already lined up to be married. You are the prize Kano so everyone will be there for a pound of flesh.

From my experience Filipinos think they are over the hill if not married by the age of 30 so for her to hook you this is a major event in the village. Tread carefully. 

And there was me relying on you to come in on your Apache gun ship and rescue me , fellow country man and all that ,I'll be the one wearing the kilt hehe

Edited by bastonjock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

And there was me relying on you to come in on your Apache gun ship and rescue me , fellow country man and all that ,I'll be the one wearing the kilt hehe

I'll be sitting there beer in hand thinking this will be fun seeing how this will pan out, but just in case I've prepped the guns. 😉

FB_IMG_1518904539595.jpg

• Like 2

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's what I did.  Approx 14km up mountain dirt/rock roads to get to her parents place. That was 6 years ago; if memory serves me correct, it was about 1 month after getting here. (we had been texting and video chats for 8 months before with no red flags) My intuition told me to trust.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

That's what I did.  Approx 14km up mountain dirt/rock roads to get to her parents place.

:thumbsup: Part of Lifes adventure and no doubt the parents  Scratching Head.jpg  If he will do this then he must be OK!

• Like 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Part of Lifes adventure and no doubt the parents  Scratching Head.jpg  If he will do this then he must be OK!

Yep, they where impressed that I made the trip. Some of those mountain trails are steep! 

• Like 3