Is this Normal

Jake
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Julia said:

Now there's two less lonely people in the world....

Miss Julia!  Where have you been gurl?  We miss you and when you do post a comment, it is really, really appreciated coming from a young Filipina business executive.  Perhaps you should get together with the Duma Gang (David H, Jack P, BrettGC, Davewe, SonJack, AlwaysRT, Eddie1 and a few others) and teach them the way of the world.

Your world of the beautiful and the mysterious Filipina.  We miss you!  Respectfully Kuya Jake  

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Julia said:

11 hours ago, Julia said:

IMHO, Jollibee is not considered exotic restaurant in my country, maybe you decide the place when you get here, Sir

Miss Julia, I do apologize if I wrote offensively in implying that the OP should take his intended to a cheap place like Jollibee. What I was implying was meet the relations and shoulder expenses at Jollibee, then at a more convenient time take the parents and her to a restaurant of their choice. We all know how true PI women are family orientated and are proud in their choice of their intended. But you do have to answer some awkward questions from close knitted members of the family and having quite a few distant family members listening into the main conversation can be embarrassing to a man.:smile: Your PI, in your country a common PI question can be offensive to a man, just like a common question to a PI can be offensive to a PI, I call it cultural difference.

When I meet my wife we had two parties, one for her friends and one for close relatives. We flew them into Manila from their Barangay and lodged them at a fine hotel, then answered all their questions about my intention towards their sister. Nerves, yes, cultural ignorance yes, but at the end of the meal, I had her brothers blessing.

If any OP is serious about their intended, this is the way I would go so as not to offend anyone. Expensive yes, but in the end, everyone met me and everyone was happy, no more worries from friends or family members. :smile:

Be prepared for some curly questions. :hystery:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Miss Julia, I do apologize if I wrote offensively in implying that the OP should take his intended to a cheap place like Jollibee. What I was implying was meet the relations and shoulder expenses at Jollibee, then at a more convenient time take the parents and her to a restaurant of their choice..........

Be prepared for some curly questions. :hystery:

Roger that Clermont.  Not only awkward or embarrassing questions, prepare yourself for being under the microscope -- literally.  They will stare at you out of curiosity or just being intrigued.  Usually not staring you down but "staring you up", for the lack of a better explanation.   Well done Clermont!

Respectfully Jake  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Jake said:

Where have you been gurl?

Hello, Kuya Jake! 

I miss this site especially your funny and witty comments po! 

Edited by Julia
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Julia said:

Hello, Kuya Jake! 

I miss this site especially your funny comments po! 

Hilday I need one.png :hystery:

• Hmm thinking 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I've just hired a 22 year old for 33,000 per month for content writing.

How do you locate that talent? I'd love to find some decent help. Some Filipinos can be excellent hires,  I have a friend stateside who engages the services of a crack coder, but as I said, how to find?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Reboot said:

To the OP, yes it sounds like you found yourself a good one! :thumbsup:

But you'll be under the microscope too.

For me, it didn't start with dinner at a restaurant. It was dinner at her father's house. A table replete with Filipino delicacies, all freshly harvested catch. 

Then out came the big bottle of Red Horse and the glass to be passed around. Lots of levity among the menfolk, and they love my rendition of "My Way".

As we all happily get drunk,  I am the life of the party.

Then the smiles came off, and in the best English they could muster:

WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE FOR MY DAUGHTER?

I sit there surrounded by her brothers....three still armed off duty cops, and her ex military father, trying to explain myself....

:Caught:

Oh dear ,I'm having second thoughts now lol , only joking 

Last night we were chatting and I asked her about her plans for us in her home town , I will put on lunch and dinner for you . I then told her to put the last of the money that I had sent towards the food , I used the words ,if you like . I did not want to cause any loss of face or appear to be throwing money around

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/21/2018 at 2:44 AM, Reboot said:

How do you locate that talent? I'd love to find some decent help. Some Filipinos can be excellent hires,  I have a friend stateside who engages the services of a crack coder, but as I said, how to find?

Sites like these are a start. https://www.freelancer.ph/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1