Items from your old life

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:huh: After 90 days you will have to change your License or really become a native and Ride/Drive no matter what & hope you don't meet a Hungry Enforcer :wink:

Thanks Jack.

Sorry to keep asking these question, but if i dont drive or buy a vehicle once there but say a year or so later, have i still got to change my license after the first 90 days of setting foot in the Philippines.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

still got to change my license after the first 90 days of setting foot in the Philippines.

In a word Yes. But many don't :whistling:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Thanks again Jack.:smile:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Thanks Jack.

Sorry to keep asking these question, but if i dont drive or buy a vehicle once there but say a year or so later, have i still got to change my license after the first 90 days of setting foot in the Philippines.

2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Why would he? nothing says you have to have a driver's license if your not driving. In my opinion if a year or so later he wants to drive he can then convert his license. :89:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why would he? nothing says you have to have a driver's license if your not driving. In my opinion if a year or so later he wants to drive he can then convert his license. :89:

Yes, and when you convert they do not take your old license.  So, you can maintain your old country drivers license as you see fit.  That is what I will continue to do.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, intrepid said:

Yes, and when you convert they do not take your old license.  So, you can maintain your old country drivers license as you see fit.  That is what I will continue to do.

Well i am hoping where ever i call our new home i shall come back to the old place now and again and maybe i will need to hire a car so i will try to keep all my driving licenses and other things .

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So be it all that has been posted BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103):Don't let' hear you were not advised  Homer out of Here..jpg

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

You can only legally drive on a foreign license for 90 days, but if you do not drive for a year, there is no reason to get a PI license until you are ready to drive. As long as your home license is current you can convert it.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tukaram (Tim) said:

You can only legally drive on a foreign license for 90 days, but if you do not drive for a year, there is no reason to get a PI license until you are ready to drive. As long as your home license is current you can convert it.

Agreed Tim But they count the 90 days from your Entry date Bin there and Tried that :smile: They have it mostly all covered Now, we moan but when they try and get it right, we still moan :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

In my opinion if a year or so later he wants to drive he can then convert his license.

Not if it has expired or "run out"

On 2/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, stevewool said:

i have to replace my license plus ADR license and drivers card and most will be running out very soon

So depending how long "running out soon" means he may want to renew his UK license or he may just want to come here, wait 3 months, and then get a Philippine license.  If his UK license runs out after that then it probably does not matter