Used Auto Part and Used Cell Phone Parts

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/20/2018 at 2:35 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I find myself looking for a used wheel/rim to fit a Honda Civic.  Having recently had 2 flats at the same time due to running over some nails, I would like to have a "real" spare tire along with the "POS" spare tire that comes stock with most cars these days.  To do that requires an extra wheel but I do not know where the auto graveyards are here.  Anyone in Dumaguete got any ideas?

Join a Honda Civic club on FB.  They often sell original wheels when they upgrade.  Maybe you will get lucky with some in Dumaguete.

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)

The guy whom can sort you is the manager of Skuds  Excellent mechanic, very knowledgeable and helpful. Sorry forgot his name, place is about 300 meters east of hypo mart on right side. We stopped using his services as its easier have our work done in Bacolod but never had a complaint with him.

As expected Dave his place is the proverbial mess when you walk in, does not detract in any way from his work.

Edited by RBM
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We hired a car from Scuds last week for a couple of days, very expensive but we were desperate. Apart from the two bald front tires the car absolutely stank inside. I think it had been in a flood because most of the carpet where missing and the electrics were a bit flaky.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

We hired a car from Scuds last week for a couple of days, very expensive

I wish I had known.  I would have loaned you my car.  Is an older car but would have got you around.  Would not have been free, but darn sure I could do better than whatever they charged ya.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I wish I had known.  I would have loaned you my car.  Is an older car but would have got you around.  Would not have been free, but darn sure I could do better than whatever they charged ya.

We hired a vios in Olongapo for 1500 and Scuds was 2800 for the same car model. We did have a nice drive out one day, went south out of Dumaguete and round to Santa Catalena and back over the mountains through Panplona to Tanjay.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

We hired a vios in Olongapo for 1500 and Scuds was 2800 for the same car model.

Thanks for the info.  Yes, prices are all over the place in Philippines.  There seems to be no consistent standard.

You mentioned some problems with the car from Scuds.  On line they look like they rent out pretty nice models.  Is this a case of "what you see is NOT what you get?"

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for the info.  Yes, prices are all over the place in Philippines.  There seems to be no consistent standard.

You mentioned some problems with the car from Scuds.  On line they look like they rent out pretty nice models.  Is this a case of "what you see is NOT what you get?"

To me it looked a bit of a junk yard on the corner of the road. I think it may have just been a drop point. We only had the choice of the one as the rest were already out.

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

We hired a car from Scuds last week for a couple of days, very expensive but we were desperate. Apart from the two bald front tires the car absolutely stank inside. I think it had been in a flood because most of the carpet where missing and the electrics were a bit flaky.

Sorry to hear that, wonder whom you were dealing with there.

For around 2 years he did our work and zero complaints. Our generator which nobody appeared able to repair in Bacolod Scuds sorted out out in less than a week.  Price was always reasonable, perhaps a touch high but considering work very acceptable. 

Dave could talk to them if in area.

• Thanks 1