Looking for a condo

popeye72 
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Saint Pat said:

As a matter of interest does being in a relationship with a pinay and having a property either bought or under lease curry any favour with immigration re visa extensions?

If over 50 you may get a SSRV 

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv

Worth looking at if you'e serious about long term as visa extensions can be tedious if not living near an immigration office and relatively expensive. 

It' straight forward enough to get extensions. Just pay and fill in the forms. 

Edited by topcat72m

Saint Pat
Posted
Posted

Thanks Scott. Sound advice👍

Saint Pat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, topcat72m said:

If over 50 you may get a SSRV 

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv

Worth looking at if you'e serious about long term as visa extensions can be tedious if not living near an immigration office and relatively expensive. 

It' straight forward enough to get extensions. Just pay and fill in the forms. 

Thanks Top Cat.

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Saint Pat said:

does being in a relationship with a pinay and having a property either bought or under lease curry any favour with immigration re visa extensions?

Tourist visa no. 

The only relationship recognized is a legal one; marriage, formal adoption ,............

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Saint Pat said:

I'm looking for suggestions as to where I can buy a condo, preferably in a seaview area.

Welcome to Dumaguete.  I say that because I am confident you will end up here :7500:

There is a condo being built that suits your requirements and budget and there is a fast ferry to Dapitan Mindanao so your fiance can take the ferry over and a bus to Pagadian Mindanao on a weekend trip home now and then.

Its perfect for you so long as you don't mind that it is perfect for so many other foreigners that the place is really getting overrun with us expats :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Welcome to Dumaguete.  I say that because I am confident you will end up here :7500:

There is a condo being built that suits your requirements and budget and there is a fast ferry to Dapitan Mindanao so your fiance can take the ferry over and a bus to Pagadian Mindanao on a weekend trip home now and then.

Its perfect for you so long as you don't mind that it is perfect for so many other foreigners that the place is really getting overrun with us expats :tiphat:

Yes it is called Marina Spatial and they start at about 2.5 million. here are some of the amenities

• Swimming pool and pool deck
• Outdoor activity area
• Clubhouse, lounge and gazebos
• Basketball court

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perhaps our good friend forgot to enlighten you on Dumaguete traffic woes.....Heading there tomorrow but gona spend most time in beautiful Valencia....

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Saint Pat said:

As a matter of interest does being in a relationship with a pinay and having a property either bought or under lease curry any favour with immigration re visa extensions?

Although some have already answered this please try to keep the topic on the subject of looking for a condo or place to live. There are many topics on visas in the correct forum. :thumbsup:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I would suggest not rushing into a condo and don't believe the hype from the agents about resale, they will sell their new ones before your property. Property doesn't move the way it does in the UK it can take years.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I would rent for 12 months first, have a good look around as Dave hound says Dumaguete takes some beating. I had a look at the showroom for the apartments 2 bedrooms but compact 32 sm.

• Like 1