Return Flight

Mick
Posted
Posted (edited)

After coming here for 8 years, I was in Jakarta this week and when checking in on Philippines Airlines, they would not let me board unless I had a return ticket, I have never had this before, so I quickly had to go on line and book a flight to be allowed to fly back here, so in future I will make sure I have a reserved flight which I can cancel, with my job I never know what date I'm flying it's a bit of a pain in the @ss.

Edited by Mick
I cant spell
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mick said:

After coming here for 8 years, I was in Jakarta this week and when checking in on Philippines Airlines, they would not let me board unless I had a return ticket,

Sorry to hear this has happened but it does Highlight what we have been saying, You gotta have that onward Ticket

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They must check some people more often than others.  Perhaps I have a shady look about me because I have been coming here a long time and either the airline or the Immigration at entry check me at least half the time.

You are lucky you had the means to buy that exit ticket.  In 2012 a friend was refused the flight and missed it with no refund due to not having a return ticket.  He was one of those who lived here on US$ 1,000 a month and no credit card.  He just did not have the ability to purchase a return ticket in time for his flight and he had not been listening all the times I told him he could be a throw-away exit ticket to avoid that.

Its too bad people do not learn from the mistakes of others but then, that's what we stubborn old guys are like :whatever:

Yeah, we are stubborn but never knew it was needed, here I have never been asked or anywhere else, luckily it was only $48 for a single to Jakarta I have now wasted but we where late had 5 mins to do it, luckily there was Internet in the airport or I would have been screwed as it was 1am and all airline shops closed.... 

• Like 2

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

Recently it seems to be more the airlines that are checking..........

BTW the return ticket has been a requirement for decades though not always demanded.

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, allancomeau said:

Recently it seems to be more the airlines that are checking..........

BTW the return ticket has been a requirement for decades though not always demanded.

Yeah I have heard that now, just me never checking, so did not know, oh well lesson learned

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, allancomeau said:

Although it's always been a requirement it is not a return ticket, its an onward ticket meaning to anywhere and not necessarily to the point of departure.

2 hours ago, Mick said:

Yeah I have heard that now, just me never checking, so did not know, oh well lesson learned

I'm really surprised you did not know the rules as I thought it was common knowledge but as you say, lesson learned. :smile:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
blkJack
Posted
Posted

If I bought a 1 way ticket from Canada and a onwards ticket to an other destination I would satifiy the requirements formy entry in to Pl?  Could any one suggest where the cheapest throw a way destinations to purchase are?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, blkJack said:

If I bought a 1 way ticket from Canada and a onwards ticket to an other destination I would satifiy the requirements formy entry in to Pl?  Could any one suggest where the cheapest throw a way destinations to purchase are?

Yes thats all you need. Search places like Malasia or just go on Cebu pacific airlines and look for a cheap flight. 

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, blkJack said:

I did that coming from UK a few years ago. I bought my onward from Airasia, go online and look for the promos.

• Like 2