Return Flight

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, blkJack said:

Could any one suggest where the cheapest throw a way destinations to purchase are?

Alternatively, some people wait until they are ready to board the plane to come to Philippines and then buy a ticket with "free cancellation if cancelled within 24 hours" then they get through immigration, get on line, and cancel the ticket.  There are other variations on that theme if you want to fool around with it, such as buying a fully refundable ticket and then getting it refunded, or buying a "rent a ticket" that is supposedly registered in the computer for 24 hours and then automatically cancelled (I don't like the risk of that one but others swear by it).

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Do you need to show a valid ticket out of the Philippines when you go for your visa ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Do you need to show a valid ticket out of the Philippines when you go for your visa ?

No, assuming you mean when doing extensions ? 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No, assuming you mean when doing extensions ? 

Yes ,thank you , my buddy has been asking me about the visa system I wanted to clear up a few points 

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Thank you for that information that helps lots. The flights that I would be taking are 24 hrs+ so I would have to wait until I was on the last leg going there and have a wi-fi connection to book something like that.  I think all of the majour airports have free wifi connection. Do they just need to see an itinerary of a booked flight or is it confirmed in there computer with the airline you booked with?

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, blkJack said:

Thank you for that information that helps lots. The flights that I would be taking are 24 hrs+ so I would have to wait until I was on the last leg going there and have a wi-fi connection to book something like that.  I think all of the majour airports have free wifi connection. Do they just need to see an itinerary of a booked flight or is it confirmed in there computer with the airline you booked with?

The airlines will ask to see your follow-on ticket before you board your flight to the Philippines. Most will confirm your flight since they have access to all the airlines in their system.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, blkJack said:

You must have the onward ticket at the first leg of the journey as your destination will be the Philippines. Also some times immigration will ask here to see it but certainly not that often. It's the airline who is responsible to ensure you have that ticket as they can be fines and will have to cover the cost of flying someone who is refused entry back out.

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

The problem is old laws as you can book a ticket on line now  not when these came out, its quite easy, go to a major airline site , which flies here, reserve a flight, but no payment for a date 30 days after your arriving , get the reservation printed, and if asked show the booking reference  its worked the last 2 times for me, even though I am flying out, I just don't know the date until a few days before

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I flew back for New Zealand earlier this month and on the day of my flight went to a travel agent to book the "throw-away" exit flight. They very handily booked me on an airline they could reserve for 48 hours without payment which was sufficient to get me on the flight. Immigration here just asked how long I might be staying this visit and once I explained I lived here and was married to a Filipina they weren't bothered.

• Thanks 1