Early for Thanksgiving

earthdome
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

You don't have to use an oven. A whole turkey deep fried in peanut oil turns out very nice. You just have to be very careful you don't start a fire.

Need a big vat of some type :89:

Yeah, just a big steel pot with a stand so you can place it on top of a gas burner and some peanut oil. The turkey comes out really nice but you have to be very careful.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Yeah, just a big steel pot with a stand so you can place it on top of a gas burner and some peanut oil. The turkey comes out really nice but you have to be very careful.

Here is a better video. This is making me hungry!

Here is a video, read the comments for more and corrected info.

Edited by earthdome
Add a better video

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Oddly enough fried like that is healthy the turkey comes out oil free not like fried chicken or the like.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Need a big vat of some type

Just check any local market with non-food stalls and you can find huge metal pots for cheap.  I am not sure what metal they are but they are lightweight.  Here is a pic of mine.

Pot.jpg

You can see it still has the price on it, 898 pesos.  The price may be higher in other markets and bigger pots are available.  You could put a small turkey in this one but the larger ones would take a whole turkey.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just check any local market with non-food stalls and you can find huge metal pots for cheap.  I am not sure what metal they are but they are lightweight.  Here is a pic of mine.

Pot.jpg

You can see it still has the price on it, 898 pesos.  The price may be higher in other markets and bigger pots are available.  You could put a small turkey in this one but the larger ones would take a whole turkey.

Aluminium or Aluminum depending on where you are from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1