ExPat getogether Experiences

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, PeterC said:

I WOULD SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND THAT EXPAT GROUPS ARE FOR JUST THE EXPATS AND WITHOUT WIVES.

There are many who would agree with that statement and some who dare not because their wives read this forum too.  The other side of the coin is that forming a friendship with someone who's wife does not get along with your wife will just drive a wedge into your relationship.

There a group of friends (not forum related) in Dumaguete who get together a couple times a week.  We meet once a week where wives/gfs are optional and another time where it is guys only.  Seems to work so long as the group leader has a strong enough personality to tell those who do not fit in to hit the road.  Not everyone fits in on the sole criteria of being an expat.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Seems to work so long as the group leader has a strong enough personality to tell those who do not fit in to hit the road

121ce86.jpg

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have some great people we meet up with here in England but it is always as couples, the wives go off and prepare the food and talk the talk and us men just moan about this and that while having a beer.

Its fun but i would hate to be married to the other blokes wives because all they seem to do is show off and put others down, the only good thing is the do keep the beer coming to our hands with out us having to move.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, PeterC said:

Filipinos and not my own species.

sacasm emotion.jpg Do I take it you don't think Filipinos are Human like us but some sort of Alien?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, PeterC said:

but the ladies of our group put some awful ideas into my wife's head which she couldn't cope with and we had some domestics over it.

I had the same when I visited Thailand.I find it important to talk to other expats a couple of times a week even though I can have a very good conversation with my wife.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Human like us but some sort of Alien?

My ARC says Alien. :smile:

ET.jpg

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Completely understanding what PeterC means when he said "species" but to be anatomically correct he should have said "phenotype". Yes we caucasians are of a different phenotype to our wives who are of polynesian extraction.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My ARC says Alien. :smile:

ET.jpg

Yesh but:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2