TRAIN Tax Reform

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well since its a train tax, and there are no trains in Dumaguete, then we should not have to pay it. :cheersty:  Rats, I just remembered there are train tracks north of here in the sugar cane fields so we are gonna have to pay it. 

Seriously though, its not gonna kill me, just another bit of inflation that came on faster than usual.  Not like anything is gonna change due to higher taxes except some bureaucrats will have more "under the table" money.

It wasn't that long ago that a large tax increase came into effect on beer and cigarettes.  The poor kept drinking and smoking and who knows where that money went?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The poor kept drinking and smoking and who knows where that money went?

Certainly not on Hospitals it was  partly intended for ( According to the Previous President) The latest 2 Hospitals being built here in Dumaguete are private ventures, coupled with that, has anyone noticed the number of private schools that are springing up all over ( Another supposed beneficiary of this tax was Education. Yet there is a recent report by the Teachers and Administration on Poor School Buildings ( I can't find it just now but will post when it comes to hand  

:508: Sorry it's Monday.

Jack :unsure:

Morning All:morning1:

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's true that the impact of the new taxes will hit the poorer more,  but it should be partly balanced by the fact their income tax is reduced. We are seeing here what is the case everywhere that has taxes - stating the obvious but the rich and the poor pay the same but the rich have more money to offset increases. The problem is likely being exacerbated by those looking to take advantage by increasing prices way beyond the required amount to compensate for the tax increase.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

The problem is likely being exacerbated by those looking to take advantage by increasing prices way beyond the required amount to compensate for the tax increase.

I read that they are going to be monitoring for price gouging... yeah... good freaking luck. :tiphat: