Am i lucky or unlucky

Michael Perez
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

That all i want my wife to say to these folk.

I literally gave her a script.  "Sorry, he keeps me on such a tight allowance!  He won't let me near any of the bank accounts!  I have to beg him for even an extra 100 pesos if I need it for groceries!  And then he gets upset if he even thinks I'm going to mention money!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Michael Perez said:

I literally gave her a script.  "Sorry, he keeps me on such a tight allowance!  He won't let me near any of the bank accounts!  I have to beg him for even an extra 100 pesos if I need it for groceries!  And then he gets upset if he even thinks I'm going to mention money!"

That pulled at my heart strings after reading this, i was just about to send some cash .:thumbsup:

• Love it 1

• 3 months later...
lobojohn
Posted
Posted

money is cold and has no friends. 

money is a tool just like your hammer. if you take care of your tools, then they will last a long time and give you good service.

every time i loan out one of my tools , if it comes back at all it is usually damaged. i take it very personal , so i stopped that generous habit. 

ive always lived with the policy of never doing any business or money loaning or lending with family or friends and certainly not with strangers. i have however broken from that policy at times of weakness. 

no partnerships in business. my only partner is the bank, but i havent needed them for years now. thank you bank. 

money i have loaned here out of pity for the sake of my wife has never returned 100%. money i have given freely with no expectations has all come back to me.

its not just here in the filipins.. life is like this everywhere . people in the US owe me plenty more than the people here. 

everyday now i try to be a little generous to some one. it doesnt hurt and at this point it feels like im passing my whole life forward when i do it. 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

everyday now i try to be a little generous to some one. it doesnt hurt and at this point it feels like im passing my whole life forward when i do it. 

Triple LIKE LoboJohn!

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Steve,

Your story is a common one, it will subside with family money issues

It's tough keeping up with the Pinoy Joneses.  . :ohmy:

Edited by oldutot
spell grammar check
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
redfeather
Posted
Posted

Stevewool,

I have read your posts with much interest, and I use all this knowledge to mentor myself so that I do not go down the wrong path in the Philippines.  I was wondering where your wife is from in the Philippines?  I was given advise from my Army buddies to keep my search down into the southern Philippines, and to avoid the northern Philippines due to issues like this.

TimL
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, redfeather said:

Stevewool,

I have read your posts with much interest, and I use all this knowledge to mentor myself so that I do not go down the wrong path in the Philippines.  I was wondering where your wife is from in the Philippines?  I was given advise from my Army buddies to keep my search down into the southern Philippines, and to avoid the northern Philippines due to issues like this.

Southern Ph as in Mindinao?? 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

this is all interesting stuff , my gf tells me that her family look out for each other , her family seem a bit better healed than most , ive been thinking along the lines of giving her an allowance each month and telling her that any family loans must come out of that , im going to chat to her about charity , she is a governor of a school that helps street kids to get an education , anyhow , we have broached some stuff , so far its all going well

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, redfeather said:

Stevewool,

On 7/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, redfeather said:

Stevewool,

I wonder what advise your Army buddies gave you:whistling:       respectably   Oldutot