Quota visa

Sam Sharland
Posted
Posted

Hi, me and my partner who are both British have been living in the Philippines for 6 months and have set up community based eco projects in Palawan. We are wanting to make the Philippines our home and would like to get a residents visa. Is this possible? We know a foreigner who got a quota visa. Any advice on how we might be able to achieve this. Marrying a Filipino isn't an option. cheers!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Sam Sharland said:

Hi, me and my partner who are both British have been living in the Philippines for 6 months and have set up community based eco projects in Palawan. We are wanting to make the Philippines our home and would like to get a residents visa. Is this possible? We know a foreigner who got a quota visa. Any advice on how we might be able to achieve this. Marrying a Filipino isn't an option. cheers!

Welcome to the forum

First look at the BI website, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/quota-visa

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

How about a SRRV

• 2 months later...
DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2018 at 7:31 AM, Gary D said:

How about a SRRV

Residency is way better.

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2018 at 7:27 AM, Sam Sharland said:

It is very possible. Don't need to be married for a 13 series visa with Residency. But you will need 50 grand, US. That's like 35,000 quid. If you have already made investments, that might count:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/18Dec2015/BI FORM V-I-001-Rev .1.1pdf.pdf

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As a British couple the problem you will find is the British Embassy won't notarise any of your documents. I've been informed that I have to fly all the way back to the UK just to get 3 forms stamped. They allegedly need you to countersign them in person. I've emailed a few times and it looks like no one ever reads the emails. 

• Like 1