Engineering in PL

Murat Batuhan Günaydın
Posted
Posted

Hello I am an Aerospace engineer from Turkey without working experience,

I have been in manila last month and stayed there for a month. I like ther and decided to move permanently.

Can I find a work on aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering field ?

30k+ works are fine for me as a beginner.

thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Welcome

You really need to research the Philippines by the sound of it. On another subject the Philippines goverment closed down their aerospace or plane building operations after not producing a single plane in all the years it operated. Theres a topic here somewhere about it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There are a very few exceptions but for the most part Foreigners can not work in Philippines.

• Like 1

Murat Batuhan Günaydın
Posted
Posted

its not obligated me to work in a company that produces aircraft I can work in any company which produce mechanical components as a designer project manager, quality control etc. When I ask to philipino people they say its pretty easy, especially for foreigners, but when I ask an expat they say everything is hard, I am pretty confused right now.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Murat Batuhan Günaydın said:

its not obligated me to work in a company that produces aircraft I can work in any company which produce mechanical components as a designer project manager, quality control etc. When I ask to philipino people they say its pretty easy, especially for foreigners, but when I ask an expat they say everything is hard, I am pretty confused right now.

Haha, well being told various "facts" is a fairly common situation living in the Philippines. You may enter a government office with rules painted on the wall but a clerk will request or require something altogether different.

Seriously it's not impossible for you to work there but in most cases as a foreigner you would be prohibited from "taking" a skilled job a Filipino citizen could or would do.

Edited by Old55

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Murat Batuhan Günaydın said:

When I ask to philipino people they say its pretty easy, especially for foreigners,

Easy for them to say, they are obviously not foreigners and therefore have equally obviously not tried to do it.

If there was such a job available, there would be a way you could do it because there is a lack of Philippine rocket scientists here.  The hard part is finding any such job.  IF you find a job, (and the expats say it is hard because we do not know of any like you are looking for). then the employer will help you with a work permit.

EDIT:  As I mentioned, this is an area where there are few skilled filipinos so if you are qualified to teach what you know, check with the local universities to see if you can get a teaching position.  Then one day there may be rocket scientists and space cadets right here among the Philippine population.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Murat Batuhan Günaydın said:

The gist of it is that you are not meant to take jobs that Filipinos can do and have the resources to fill vacancies. If you can find a position that they can not fill then you stand a chance.

11. What are the grounds for the denial of AEP 
An application for AEP may be denied for misrepresentation of facts in the application; submission of falsified documents; the foreign national has a derogatory record; or availability of a Filipino who is competent, able and willing to do the job intended for the foreign national.

http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/web-pages/118-alien-employment-permit

You may be able to find consulting work if a foreign company who has some contract but for you best search what is available first. 

• Like 1

Murat Batuhan Günaydın
Posted
Posted

What about if i marry with a filipino ?

then everything will be easier ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No because you’re a foreigner.

Please understand we aren’t being negative or hateful towards Filipinos or to Philippines but there are strong restrictions and rules that for the most part restrict non Filipino citizens working inside Philippines.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Your questions are a very common one we get here at the forum because folks wish to move to Philippines and earn a living. The majority of full time Expats are retired a few are able to do a variety of online jobs software ESL or what not. But in a small number of cases foreigners own businesses through their wife or very trusted Filipino partner. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1