Am I considered a senior in the Philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Never had a problem, I always lean on a flimsy display stand at the checkout, a guard generally rushes over to help me get into the seniors line and a couple of wobbles after paying, my items are carried out by the packing person and a tryke found.

Also if in a department store with the wife shopping, find a flimsy bench to lean against, I'll bet your bums sitting on a chair within minutes, their very protective of their display counters, ha ha. :thumbsup:

Fraud 

Let me make a few phone calls or perhaps you with to donate to the save the Jolly foundation :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This will amaze and astound, if true.

A group of local senior expats meet for breakfast regularly in Dumaguete.  They swear that they cannot get a senior's discount at McDonald's close to the downtown area but they can get it at McDonald's near the Ceres bus terminal.  Only in Philippines .  . . . .  :bonk:

I have not yet tried as it is not worth it to me to ask for a senior's discount in Philippines when I know it is likely to end up in stress that I do not need.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

It's true JGF:thumbsup:

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are a senior, but not a senior citizen

I totally agree with Dave's quote. However, my main concern is the rudeness of the locals. Is Duma not the city of gentle people? this has not happened to me anywhere else in the Phils. I could care less about senior discounts. My only reason for using the senior lines is to get out as quickly as possible, especially when you are toting a rambunctious two year old. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

Is Duma not the city of gentle people?

Used to be.  Now they want to be know as DumaGetMe and it sounds like the gotcha

• Haha 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I have salt & pepper hair and so maybe some consider me a senior even tho I am not.  So, even tho I am not, I get the senior citizen treatment just about everywhere.  I do not get the discounts simply because I am not a citizen and not a senior. I do get in priority lines for seniors because I am ushered there by security guards. I've had my share of rude people, both male and female. It depends on the situation. I don't allow anyone to get in front of me at a counter or in line.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This will amaze and astound, if true.

A group of local senior expats meet for breakfast regularly in Dumaguete.  They swear that they cannot get a senior's discount at McDonald's close to the downtown area but they can get it at McDonald's near the Ceres bus terminal.  Only in Philippines .  . . . .  :bonk:

I have not yet tried as it is not worth it to me to ask for a senior's discount in Philippines when I know it is likely to end up in stress that I do not need.

I have been with an American that got senior discount at the (ummm both) McDoos downtown. Of course it was probably almost a year since I saw it myself. He was 62 and showed his US drivers license (same in KFC).

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have never tried to get the seniors discount. Partly because I am foreigner, but mostly because I am only 54... but quite often I get called over to the senior line at stores, and I sure don't argue with that. Both times I went to NBI I waited in no lines. The clerk just walked me to the front of every clerk I needed to see.   :tiphat:

But one time at the grocers a senior (local) came up with only 2 items and insisted on getting in front of me. The cashier tried to explain that she was in the middle of my order and he would be next. He left in a huff ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have been with an American that got senior discount at the (ummm both) McDoos downtown.

You and I are living proof that "your mileage may vary" in Philippines.  I have been standing behind an American who insisted on calling the manager and making a big loud complaint and STILL did not get the senior discount at McDoos across from Rose Pharmacy and Generika Drugstore downtown.  The manager politely told him it was for filipino citizens only.

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Not old enough, I'd use the line though. Doubt I'd use the discount though, a lot of businesses will be losing money if you pay with that. Doesn't seem fair seeing as we've not paid tax here etc.

• Like 1