Parsnips so close but so far.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have had Parsnips once in 7 years which I managed to buy in Fooda on Mango ave Cebu city.I have had seeds brought over and tried to grow my own and they get 2 inches high and fail.I think it is too hot here.

Last Friday my wife went to visit her mother in the mountains so I gave her the rest of the seeds to see if her mum can grow them as they grow Carrots.It is quite colder up there so I thought we will have a better chance. My wife came back late yesterday and after a while she said I have many Parsnips in the Refridgerator.I get the bag out all excited and what do I find,leaves she has brought Parsnip leaves,where are the white bits.She told me well when you get them at the supermarket you only buy leaves.NO I said that is Parsley.I want the white carrot.She will get me some next time.Gotta love em aint yah. Now all I need to find is Swede anybody?

• Love it 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You gotta give it to her. She tried hard to please you.  Although anyone who likes parsnips is in a class all their own.  Yuckky stuff.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Now all I need to find is Swede

I haven't looked for it but how about putting this pic on your phone and next time you are in a local market, ask if they have any

swede.jpg

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I haven't looked for it but how about putting this pic on your phone and next time you are in a local market, ask if they have any

swede.jpg

Dave I have a brick no camera.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You gotta give it to her. She tried hard to please you.  Although anyone who likes parsnips is in a class all their own.  Yuckky stuff.

I know it was very thoughtful of her and I expect to get some next time she goes back.The thing is there are quite a few normal people( both here and in Dalaguete)who like Parsnips and have asked me for some when I get them.