Generika meds

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

My wife has a doctor's appointment this afternoon. She will get her opinion as to the quality of the meds. It sounds like everyone is doing ok on the generic meds from both Generika and Generics. I appreciate everyone's input. No offense to anyone but I wish I could find some factual data on their generic meds. I can't seem to find any scientific studies on Google. l know a lot of generic drugs come out of China and I don't trust any drugs that come from China. We have had first hand experience with their birth control pills and now have a wonderful little baby boy. At this stage in my life I didn't need to have to raise another child.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Maybe you can gain some information from this Page;

https://www.rxlist.com/drugs/alpha_a.htm :smile:

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

My wife's doctor gave Generika two thumbs up. Stated that the quality is equal to brand names. She also recommends Generika to her patients.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

My wife's doctor gave Generika two thumbs up. Stated that the quality is equal to brand names. She also recommends Generika to her patients.

We said so did we not? it is just there are a few heavy Meds you can't get :smile:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

The place was totally empty whereas Mercury tends to be very crowded. Just wondering!

That in itself should tell you something. Mercury has been our pharmacy of choice.  Always a good supply and always choices available as to whether original or generic. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Generic drugs are only available when the  exclusive rights of the first company run out.  Any company can then manufacture the drug then, there may be side effects that some get because a different "filler" is used. In the Americas the formulation of the  base drug is monitored.  In Asia and Europe????

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Generic drugs are only available when the  exclusive rights of the first company run out. . . . In the Americas

We ain't in the Americas and India does not care about exclusive rights and Philippine drug stores only care about laws that are enforced, such as the prescription laws and the anti hard drug (like morphine) laws.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

In Asia and Europe????

Asia I would surmise is lightly regulated but Europe has very robust regulations concerning medicines and food.

• Thanks 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

We ain't in the Americas and India does not care about exclusive rights and Philippine drug stores only care about laws that are enforced, such as the prescription laws and the anti hard drug (like morphine) laws.

The US is just now letting drugs from Canada ship to States and has constant warnings about buying drugs from China,  didn't know about India.  Are the generic drugs sold in the Philippines inspected and safe, the strength and half live date accurate?  Should one use only brand name drugs from large pharmacies?  My trips are 6 months or less and I bring mine with. but will be staying much longer wife wife hits 62.  Will it be more prudent to have drugs shipped or buy locally from a source that can be trusted, which, given the shipping cost will be much less.      

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

The US is just now letting drugs from Canada ship to States and has constant warnings about buying drugs from China,  didn't know about India.  Are the generic drugs sold in the Philippines inspected and safe, the strength and half live date accurate?  Should one use only brand name drugs from large pharmacies?  My trips are 6 months or less and I bring mine with. but will be staying much longer wife wife hits 62.  Will it be more prudent to have drugs shipped or buy locally from a source that can be trusted, which, given the shipping cost will be much less.      

Not a quote of facts but I think many generic drugs come from India.  Personally if your wife hits 62 soon its time to look at the market.  Just joking my friend but could not resist. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1