Brand Bananas

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Im here in CebU City and im on the hunt for either the big Dole or Chiquita bananas. It seems I have seen them once or twice around but certainly not lately. Anywhere I can buy them here in the city?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cavendish bananas can be found in Cebu City. I've bought them in one of the larger grocery stores there, I believe Rustins Banilad. I understand they are grown more for the export market not local consumption. My youngest son likes "our" bananas but I much prefer some of the local grown variety's.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, russellmania said:

Im here in CebU City and im on the hunt for either the big Dole or Chiquita bananas. It seems I have seen them once or twice around but certainly not lately. Anywhere I can buy them here in the city?

Rustans in Ayala often have them, but seems like out of stock on many items now that the Metro is shut down due to the fire.

Might also try Landers, think I’ve seen them there too. But don’t hold me to it, I usually buy the local ones. 

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Bit like sending coals to Newcastle ( English expression for sending stuff back to the place it came from)

I can only guess that bananas can taste different just like English apples can vary  from imported ones.

• Like 2