speeding in uk returning to philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gary Wak said:

picking you up on the warrant probably won't be carried out unless your name is run through the system in that county. Police officers usually don't track people down to serve this type of warrant.   i have been in philippines for over 3 months now . and not planning returning to uk

I would ignore it, as you plan to do.  It is not the right thing to do if you are truly guilty and you know it, but it is prudent if money is tight and you never go back there.

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'd get someone to open the letter and pay any fine due. It's not worth the hassle to try to avoid the penalty IMO.

i will get wife pay it . shes in uk .

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would ignore it, as you plan to do.  It is not the right thing to do if you are truly guilty and you know it, but it is prudent if money is tight and you never go back there.

my pinoy wife works in uk if only fine ill pay it but  theu k only useing speeding get more money out drivers and it pisses em of a tad  you go to them about other issues and they dont want know

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gary Wak said:

i will get wife pay it . shes in uk .

If she's there then surely that would solve the problem? If You've done the crime, pay the fine as they say.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You may need to send your licence with the fine, could that be a problem.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gary D said:

You may need to send your licence with the fine, could that be a problem.

Good Point as the Fine may also include penalty Points to your Licence :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Good Point as the Fine may also include penalty Points to your Licence :thumbsup:

I don`t know about now but when I got a ticket there were 3 points put on my licence.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

not all of the cameras are loaded .,did the camera flash once or twice ? if it flashed twice then you will get a letter through the door , 3 points and a fixed fine or the offer to attend a driver awareness course.

on average I drive 45000 miles a year ,so speed cameras are an occupational hazard ,at present I have a clean driving licence ,in the past I have been as high as 9 points ,guess the older I get ,the less impatient I become

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

did the camera flash once or twice

He may or may not have seen depending on how fast he was going.

2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

3 points and a fixed fine or the offer to attend a driver awareness course.

I applied for the drivers awareness course and never heard a thing about it.That was the first and last time I was caught speeding in 30 years.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Another thing to be aware if is you can ask for a calibration certificate for the camera and also photographic evidence.  The photo will be from the rear and not show the driver.  By law you must know who is the driving the vehicle and also that it is insured for the person driving. In the off chance that maybe you or your wife could have been driving it that day write a letter explaining this. Accept that it could have been either you or your wife and explain that you are now living in the Philippines and either one of you is prepared to plead guilty once you can confirm who was driving. My money is on the ticket being thrown in the bin.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1