deportation of foreigners

flyboyrd1949
Posted
Posted

I have read recently that a foreigner got deported for raising his voice and insulting a Filipino, apparently the Filipino went to the Bureau of Immigration and filed a complaint against this foreigner, he was later deported.

Has anyone in this forum heard of of any such cases?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Your first post is somewhat unusual do you have a link to what you read?

If you behave in a civilized manner your unlikely to be deported.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Your first post is somewhat unusual do you have a link to what you read?

Lets remember that new people are forbidden from posting links until they become full members, and if it was read on another forum it should still not be linked to without permission.  It is most likely one of those coffee shop stories based on the newspaper article that it could happen.  Here is the link to that.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/163872/immigration-officer-entry-philippines-foreigner-tourist-barred-rude-disrespect

Edit:  Reading this following news article has me wondering if deporting rude foreigners is to be the new normal

https://negroschronicle.com/city-to-discipline-unruly-foreigners/

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

marine6357
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Reading this following news article has me wondering if deporting rude foreigners is to be the new normal

https://negroschronicle.com/city-to-discipline-unruly-foreigners/

It seems to me that some don't like or want expats in their city.

excerpt from the article:

He noted that when Filipinos go abroad, they would try their best to behave and comply with laws of the foreign country. 

No they just overstay their visas.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

Most of the people they are talking about are not expats, but the tourists that like to come here and think they own the place and that the rules don't apply to them. Dumaguete has a high volume of tourists and is a college town that brings it's own problems. I'm sure most of the expats living here in Dumaguete agree with the Mayor, and would love to see these trouble-makers gone.

The Swedish guy in the Dumaguete picture doesn't look very Swedish to me and certainly doesn't look like a retired expat.  Appears to be a younger "live off the freebies of the government" type to me, hanging out in a park drinking and kicking dogs.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

kicking dogs

That part is almost understandable.  With all the mongrel curs that come up to me to check me out and bark at me I've kicked one or two myself.  For some reason filipinos see that as very bad.  It seems to me that there is always someone who "owns" these mongrels but they don't give a shit what these dogs do.  So if you kick one it is a grave offense, even if it gets under your feet and trips you.

I don't quite understand it but I know I have not seen filipinos kicking the mongrels.  Run 'em over, sure, but not kick them.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The Swedish guy in the Dumaguete picture doesn't look very Swedish to me and certainly doesn't look like a retired expat.  Appears to be a younger "live off the freebies of the government" type to me, hanging out in a park drinking and kicking dogs.  

Not sure how to put this but after meeting him he is a work that out yourself.

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Name me any country that actually WANTS unruly expats who believe they can do whatever they want. I don't know of any it is just that the Philippines have the balls to kick them out. Good for them!

Paul

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Not sure how to put this but after meeting him he is a work that out yourself.

he is an "angel"?  :89:

• Like 1