deportation of foreigners

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

True words but I sometimes sit and wonder why we don't hear of more Foreigners being reported for overstays and bad behaviour, With a reward system in place I would have thought it would have been more.

Good point, Jack.  Going forward, I do expect to hear of more deportations now that more gov officials are on board with the idea. I trust (hope) that it would be handled properly case by case.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Good point, Jack.  Going forward, I do expect to hear of more deportations now that more gov officials are on board with the idea. I trust (hope) that it would be handled properly case by case.

Frankly I think it would be a good thing if some of the trailer trash got deported. And agree with you trust this would be dealt with honestly and fairly.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I trust (hope) that it would be handled properly case by case.

Well we know where we are so as with many things, anything can happen but I am confident from recent talks with our Barangay Captain and the Local NBI officer and even our Local PO3 the Authorities know (To a large degree) who many of these people are and certainly where they can be found but again, as with many things they are unlikely to act without a Report from Someone. We can just as you say, Hope and Trust that they do not proceed down a Blanket Road  :smile:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Press Today says;

WE hear of complaints  that there are unruly tourists arriving if not staying in Dumaguete. WE believe that Mayor Remollo might create a technical working group that will focus on the welfare of tourists.

We envision a body of a cross section of stakeholders whom will receive complaints from citizens local or foreign about tourism matters in the City.  This body should be able to lead the complaints to the proper forum and agency for solution.

https://negroschronicle.com/dumaguete-must-regulate-quality-of-expats-tourists/

Have they read our Topic do you think?

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Press Today says;

WE hear of complaints  that there are unruly tourists arriving if not staying in Dumaguete. WE believe that Mayor Remollo might create a technical working group that will focus on the welfare of tourists.

We envision a body of a cross section of stakeholders whom will receive complaints from citizens local or foreign about tourism matters in the City.  This body should be able to lead the complaints to the proper forum and agency for solution.

This seems very fair to me.

Doubt any authority in Philippines concern themselves with our forum.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Press Today says;

Yes just put that on your thread.It`s a start.I hope they stick to what they are asking for in that all people will be treated the same and fairly only time will tell.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Let me ask this question Please, given that we have a Tourist Police detachment that normally sit on arses where they can LP or other Places, WHY! are they not doing the job they are paid to do, Are they just to give advice, Directions to the nearest foreigner watering Hole then neglecting to go and see all is well at these bars and resorts. For me i have not seen any of them actually doing what they are intended for. Noreco II (Electric Company) Donated 12 mountain bikes for the Boulevard Beat, anyone seen them out and about recently ? It's OK keep knocking the foreigner thing BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Come on PNP show willing, Prevention has always been better than Cure. When I was serving our MP's, RAF Police and Naval Shore patrols knew when it was time to  step in  do the job. If they (PNP) were about more then maybe they would see the underage girl thing + PNP or whoever it should be, would see the Bad driving from both elements 

:508: Sorry but I think I am one one here because it all makes my Blood boil, I find it Total Disrespect for the Uniform they wear and the people they are paid to protect and that should work for both elements 

RBM
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

Frankly I think it would be a good thing if some of the trailer trash got deported. And agree with you trust this would be dealt with honestly and fairly.

Although I do not disagree with your sentiments it's not so easy for a foreigner to be deported. Unless it's a direct violation of the Bureau of Immigration  or a court order after a serious conviction it will not happen. The one case springs to miss d is a drug offence.

The days when a misbehaving expat can be reported and consequencly deported are over.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I often wonder why the PNP are so seldom seen. The phrase "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" comes to mind.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Let me ask this question Please, given that we have a Tourist Police detachment that normally sit on arses where they can LP or other Places, WHY! are they not doing the job they are paid to do, Are they just to give advice, Directions to the nearest foreigner watering Hole then neglecting to go and see all is well at these bars and resorts. For me i have not seen any of them actually doing what they are intended for. Noreco II (Electric Company) Donated 12 mountain bikes for the Boulevard Beat, anyone seen them out and about recently ? It's OK keep knocking the foreigner thing BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Come on PNP show willing, Prevention has always been better than Cure. When I was serving our MP's, RAF Police and Naval Shore patrols knew when it was time to  step in  do the job. If they (PNP) were about more then maybe they would see the underage girl thing + PNP or whoever it should be, would see the Bad driving from both elements 

:508: Sorry but I think I am one one here because it all makes my Blood boil, I find it Total Disrespect for the Uniform they wear and the people they are paid to protect and that should work for both elements 

I have seen on of them on a bike and sometimes they move from their tent over to Why not.In Dalaguete the local police will mingle with expats and get to know them this helps out both sides,who can both air their concerns and maybe get answers or some action on a sore point.