deportation of foreigners

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That part is almost understandable.  With all the mongrel curs that come up to me to check me out and bark at me I've kicked one or two myself.  For some reason filipinos see that as very bad.  It seems to me that there is always someone who "owns" these mongrels but they don't give a shit what these dogs do.  So if you kick one it is a grave offense, even if it gets under your feet and trips you.

I don't quite understand it but I know I have not seen filipinos kicking the mongrels.  Run 'em over, sure, but not kick them.

I understand about the mongrel dogs in general, but the pictures I got in my mind (based on the one pic) had him drunk and yelling and cussing and kicking.  That would bring him the attention needed for someone to complain about kicking a dog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

had him drunk and yelling and cussing and kicking.

That brings up a good point. I wonder if any those who were banned had been drunk when they passed thru immigration?

About 3 years ago I traveled to Manila via Korea. A group of younger Korean men were on board and I think they drank the plane dry of every alcoholic beverage on board. Needless to say, by the time we landed they all appeared to be quite drunk and a few were rather boisterous. As I was one of the first passengers off the plane I breezed right thru immigration and was out of the terminal by the time they made it there (carry on bags only). I would not be surprised to learn if they gave the immigration officers a hard time and joined the group of those who have been banned / blacklisted. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

he is an "angel"?  :89:

It begins with c and ends with t any the wiser now?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gator said:

I would not be surprised to learn if they gave the immigration officers a hard time and joined the group of those who have been banned / blacklisted.

I would, at least not until they had spent all their money and got black:hystery: listed on the way out 

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The Swedish guy in the Dumaguete picture doesn't look very Swedish to me and certainly doesn't look like a retired expat.  Appears to be a younger "live off the freebies of the government" type to me, hanging out in a park drinking and kicking dogs

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words and I would agree in this case.  I see someone who is so damn arrogant that he continues to drink while being questioned by a uniformed law enforcement officer.  If he has no respect for the officer he was almost certainly acting like a privileged prick.  I hope that he and others who act the same will be deported and black listed.  You want to act like an @sshole, do it in your home country.   As far as dogs go, just pretend to pick up a rock like the locals do and the dogs will take off in the other direction.  I have done this on rare occasion when walking my own dogs and another dog will act aggressive.   When walking alone I have never been bothered by any of the local dogs.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

For those whom have never been in Dumaguete it can be a bit of a shock.

We were in a resto there on the boulevard some time back around 9pm. The expats there mostly German were shouting and abusive to the locals. It was so bad we just left some money and walked out without eating.

Further have seen many drinking there around 8am, sure its a big minority how ever we all a take a share of the blame. No wonder some locals get upset and start acting in extreme ways.  I don"t believe they are actually able to deport an expat how ever to declear them persona non grata is certainly possible.

• Like 5

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

I would, at least not until they had spent all their money and got black:hystery: listed on the way out 

I'm sure they would have left with empty pockets. Perhaps you forgot they would have had to pay steep uhm ..... "fines"! :smile:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This is the latest news on unruly foreigners. I think it is a good thing for all of us who try to get along pleasantly with locals.

City to discipline unruly foreigners
By Negros Chronicle -March 10, 2018
 Unruly Foreigners Expats in Dumaguete City

DUMAGUETE CITY – While the government will close Boracay for unsanitary practices, the city will start a campaign against unruly foreigners who tend to destroy the moral fiber of our community.

Dumaguete City officials are prepared not only to penalize abusive and unruly foreigners but also to expel them from the city and the country.

City Councilors Michael Bandal, Karissa Tolentino-Maxino and Lilani Ramon recounted several incidents involving foreigners who acted as if they are above the law. A number of foreigners are defiant and are inclined to curse at law enforcers or malign the city and country.

Councilor Alan Gel Cordova said that the City Council is well within its power to pass a resolution declaring misbehaving aliens as persona non grata to be forwarded to the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation.

Bandal said that enforcers of the discipline zone have apprehended foreign nationals for traffic violations or of illegal parking manifested zero respect to local and national laws including the men and women enforcing them.

Maxino also shared the experience of his father with an arrogant foreign national. Meanwhile, Councilor Ramon also received a report that members of the Anti-indecency Board that several foreigners, who were allegedly with minor girls, also acted arrogantly against the local when their photos were taken with the minors while inside a restaurant along Rizal Boulevard.

Councilor Cordova stressed that a strong message must be sent to all foreign nationals in the City of Gentle People, that since they are guests here, they must always abide by the rules and must not behave like royalty. Worse, some foreigners treat Filipinos as slaves or even sex slaves.

He noted that when Filipinos go abroad, they would try their best to behave and comply with laws of the foreign country. Hence, he declares support to any move that would result in the deportation of aliens found undesirable for taking advantage of the country and the people’s kindness.

I will say that I thought  the man who kicked a dog was from Canada but they imply he was Swedish.

Unruly-Foreigners-Expats-in-Dumaguete-City.jpg

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
On 3/10/2018 at 8:48 AM, Old55 said:

Your first post is somewhat unusual do you have a link to what you read?

If you behave in a civilized manner your unlikely to be deported.

Unlikely, yes - but still a possibility of running into someone with an bad case of envy.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Unlikely, yes - but still a possibility of running into someone with an bad case of envy.

True words but I sometimes sit and wonder why we don't hear of more Foreigners being reported for overstays and bad behaviour, With a reward system in place I would have thought it would have been more.