deportation of foreigners

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tom1907 said:

Sorry for updating an old thread but there's a lot to say.

Did that wealthy Filipina pushed through by complaining to the BI or any department that could get you deported ? Because when they do, they do have results at the end.

I have a friend who had a filipina gf, he found out that she had a child. Of course, he left her. What she did ? She went to the BI Boracay (staying there at that time) and complain that he had used her credit card. They put him on Watchlist (YES, you can be put on the watchlist WITHOUT having a case filled against you) . 

He tried to leave for Indonesia at Manila airport and got stopped by IO. 2 years later, he paid 300K (didn't want to stay in bicutan jail waiting for deportation) for Voluntary deportation and has been blacklisted.

I'm sure there are many other stories like this.

A lot depends on their contacts but most things are feasible here. I have two friends that are stuck in the Philippines pending court cases against them by malicious Filipinos.  Both of them counter claimed and have been here now one over 6yrs the other going on 5yrs.  Both free in the community awaiting the case but they can't secure an exit visa. 

• Like 3

Tom1907
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A lot depends on their contacts but most things are feasible here. I have two friends that are stuck in the Philippines pending court cases against them by malicious Filipinos.  Both of them counter claimed and have been here now one over 6yrs the other going on 5yrs.  Both free in the community awaiting the case but they can't secure an exit visa. 

That is crazy. Do you know the reason for each case ? It seems that Prosecutors do not dismiss that much.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tom1907 said:

That is crazy. Do you know the reason for each case ? It seems that Prosecutors do not dismiss that much.

One is drug related ( cannabis) the other business debts allegedly. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Both free in the community awaiting the case but they can't secure an exit visa. 

I heard that is a good way to avoid visa runs . . provided you end up cleared on all charges.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I heard that is a good way to avoid visa runs . . provided you end up cleared on all charges.

Even if finally cleared of charges I bet they will be charged with overstay. :whistling:

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Even if finally cleared of charges I bet they will be charged with overstay. :whistling:

And then blacklisted for overstaying. :thumbsup:

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/15/2021 at 5:21 AM, Tom1907 said:

Sorry for updating an old thread but there's a lot to say.

Did that wealthy Filipina pushed through by complaining to the BI or any department that could get you deported ? Because when they do, they do have results at the end.

I have a friend who had a filipina gf, he found out that she had a child. Of course, he left her. What she did ? She went to the BI Boracay (staying there at that time) and complain that he had used her credit card. They put him on Watchlist (YES, you can be put on the watchlist WITHOUT having a case filled against you) . 

He tried to leave for Indonesia at Manila airport and got stopped by IO. 2 years later, he paid 300K (didn't want to stay in bicutan jail waiting for deportation) for Voluntary deportation and has been blacklisted.

I'm sure there are many other stories like this.

Again I would disagree with this in general terms. There must be more to it than stated.

Example, the tyrant type woman here whom somehow has a position as head of the management in our condo.  This person is used to pushing her way over everything, everyone, the Filipino owners generally are all subservient to her. 

Unfortunately your truly became embroiled in major dispute with same......after some intense arguments she trotted of to BI with copies of my passport shouting that she is going to deport me come what what may.....

From feed back she was laughed out of the place, since this time I have renewed my visa many times.

lets look at the facts.....my guess would be every day there is a split between a Foreigner Filipina relationship, even if a tiny fraction of the Filipina were malicious enough to fabricate a story to BI as stated by Tom there would be a lot of deportations. With the few exceptions, like Political, drugs, overstaying its not that easy for a complainant to have a foreigner arrested and deported.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Again I would disagree with this in general terms. There must be more to it than stated.

Example, the tyrant type woman here whom somehow has a position as head of the management in our condo.  This person is used to pushing her way over everything, everyone, the Filipino owners generally are all subservient to her. 

Unfortunately your truly became embroiled in major dispute with same......after some intense arguments she trotted of to BI with copies of my passport shouting that she is going to deport me come what what may.....

From feed back she was laughed out of the place, since this time I have renewed my visa many times.

lets look at the facts.....my guess would be every day there is a split between a Foreigner Filipina relationship, even if a tiny fraction of the Filipina were malicious enough to fabricate a story to BI as stated by Tom there would be a lot of deportations. With the few exceptions, like Political, drugs, overstaying its not that easy for a complainant to have a foreigner arrested and deported.

I tend to agree with this.

There is ALWAYS more to it than we know. Folk think they know the full story but do they? Of course, there is always the exception but it is just that, the exception.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, hk blues said:

There is ALWAYS more to it than we know

I agree with that but the ALWAYS is always about money.  Take the wicked witch RBM talked about, I would guess that she could not offer the BI any opportunity to make any money.  If she had shown some corrupt BI official a way where they could make a few thousand pesos off RBMs deportation then he would be gone like others I know, IMHO.

• Like 2

Tom1907
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, RBM said:

Great to hear, at least no foreigners may become victim of her threats. 

Regarding my friend (he was only put on a watchlist at that time to prevent him from travelling outside) , BI Boracay is a small place which isn't busy like BI Manila. The people that work there had time to listen to her BS. I am 100% sure that if she'd have done that in BI Intramuros Manila, it would have never worked.

• Like 1