British Passport

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Wife's British Passport expires next month, she's got dual National citizenship her Pinoy passports good for another year.

Question is does she really need a British passport if she keeps her Pinoy passport to enter Britain or return to the Philippines?  

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Wife's British Passport expires next month, she's got dual National citizenship her Pinoy passports good for another year.

Question is does she really need a British passport if she keeps her Pinoy passport to enter Britain or return to the Philippines?  

For me Jim as I understand it, If she has no UK passport on Entry to the UK might she require a visa albeit,she has a right of abode and a UK passport, I doubt it says in here PI passport Dual national. Best check with the passport people on this mate. The Border Control won't know she is a UK Citizen if she has no UK passport. UNLESS, she takes the expired one and says I have come to renew this :whistling:

Jack:huh:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

For me Jim as I understand it, If she has no UK passport on Entry to the UK might she require a visa albeit,she has a right of abode and a UK passport, I doubt it says in here PI passport Dual national. Best check with the passport people on this mate. The Border Control won't know she is a UK Citizen if she has no UK passport. UNLESS, she takes the expired one and says I have come to renew this :whistling:

Jack:huh:

Morning All :morning1:

Better get her a renewal to be on the safe side, It's expensive and needs to send her expired Passport to Britain.    

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Better get her a renewal to be on the safe side, It's expensive and needs to send her expired Passport to Britain.    

:58: best all round i think mate you know it makes sense.jpg  be about 8/10 weeks I hear

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Jim, Thought this may be useful for you;

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Better check closely on that.  English laws are similar to Canadian laws and in Canada, it used to be you could enter on any valid passport but now you MUST use your Canadian passport if you are have one and if it has expired you MUST renew it before going back to Canada.  My brother got caught up in that as he became dual Aussie and Canadian and they would not let him on the plane back to Canada until he renewed his Canadian passport, so now he has 2 passports.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Hi Jim boy

Be careful on both counts, my friends wife requires to change to an indefinite visa to stay in UK and now has to resit her exam for ability to to speak English etc etc.

If your wife gives up her UK passport, any important change in circumstances may find her unable to return to UK on a permanent basis.

Also you yourself would be required to sign a declaration for repatriation, once out the UK more than three month's, unless of course for a short stay.

Bottom line, renewing her UK passport will save a whole lot of possible trouble in the future. Good Luck to you both while you bask in the sun. :thumbsup:

• Like 4