Why do people buy SUVs they can't drive?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It's the world over but :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Here in the PI it seems more of a thing as I see it. Last night as  i was coming home from a Meal out with family, I met yet another one who clearly could have been in Control of his vehicle. I had dropped the Wife and our Daughter off at the gate to put the dogs away and I went down the Road to turn the car round (It is not an easy job to reverse into my gates in the dark) anyway, there is a wake at a neighbours and as it was the night before last meal it was heaving with people. Not many cars at all but 1 (one)in particular was badly Parked right on the Road junction. he was stationary and not in my way at the time.

I maneuvered   the car & reversed up the little road, as I went forward to make the Turn back to the House not a hard thing as it happened there was enough room for me to do this BUT as I passed his front offside the Idiot started the SUV and began to move forward. Frantically Sounding the Horn  he braked then the Idiot moved    again and caught my Offside mirror. I stopped got out to see what had happened and he had moved across the Road and Tried? to park elsewhere I was annoyed that he had moved the first time but the second got me angry. He wound   his window down and said OH! i am so sorry but it is new and I am not used to it yet. So why did you move when you could see I was passed you,well they (other guests)said move it. YES I said but not when you have another car in front of you doing a reverse turn. OH Sorry but I could not see you had passed me. it was dark. Why not put your lights on then? I was not sure where the switch is. Agggggggggggh No actual damage but:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Anyone?

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

it was dark.

his windows were most likely tinted for midnights lol

Jack all I can say it that Filipinos for the most part are very bad drivers. Not just crazy (as most of us now) but just not good drivers. I have "interviewed" (asked discreet questions) and unlike, at least in the states, Filipinos do not drive as early as we do. Most that I have questioned don't drive until they can afford a car in their mid to late 20's. 

Couple that with the ME FIRST attitude that is prevalent here it makes of interesting times :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

just not good drivers.

:thumbsup: I have not long ago spoken to one of the wake guests who saw it all and he tells me that the Driver was told to mind the children when he reversed into a spot that was clearly too small but he said the driver ignored them and when asked if you had been minding the Road of Children you would have seen the car? Luckily they are good and decent neighbours and I have every conviction all will be forgotten when I go to the Last meal this Evening to bid farewell to a lovely Lola :smile:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Look at me I have a big car which I have no idea how to drive.

• Haha 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

And, because of the size, they're forced to creep through the narrow side streets. I was in one of those big King Cab 4x4 pickups with a guy once who inched along through a neighborhood "shortcut" with a half dozen other people driving land yachts of their own. Once back out on the highway, he lamented the heavy traffic "even in the neighborhoods, now".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Jack it's all about LOOK AT ME JUST STATUS  nothing more.

Can remember when living in Cebu years ago, there was a whole family, mum pop an about 5 kids all in one room with a stove. Outside was a new SUV with huge utung ..........Status Status Status.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

My wife and I met the Philippine distributor for Viking, top of the line for gas stoves and ovens. The manufacturer wanted him to send a couple of service maintenance personnel to the factory for repair training. He said, "No." The reason is because the expensive appliances are only for show. They won't be used and therefore won't ever need repairs. Home owners have a dirty kitchen where the actual cooking is done.  Explain the logic to a Western manufacturer.

My ex landlord had 3 kitchens in his house and yes most of the cooking was done in the dirty kitchen.What a waste of space.

• Like 2