Any Filipino Restaurants In San Diego?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Tomorrow is my 70th B-Day and the family is insisting we all go to a nice restaurant.  Something memorable for everyone.

Does anyone know a good Filipino restaurant in the San Diego area?  This is for lunch.  In the evening, I plan to cook a paella based on an old family recipe.  It's from Cordoba, Spain which is our ancestral home.  Story goes our great, great grandmother was married to a Spanish military officer of sufficient rank that he was permitted to bring his young bride with him to the Philippines. The officer was soon killed by Filipino revolutionaries.  His wife eventually re-married someone either ( some nationality ) or Italian.

I recently found out that, because the ancestral roots has already been documented, the Spanish government can grant me citizenship.  My response, "What for?  The main privilege is to pay taxes to a EU country."

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

There is a very large community of Filipinos in National City, which is south of downtown San Diego.  Plaza Blvd (exit from 805 south) has many places to pig out on Filipino cuisine.  

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Jake's house?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Jake's house?

Not gonna all fit in that little Dog House. :shades:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

FF Sr
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Tomorrow is my 70th B-Day and the family is insisting we all go to a nice restaurant.  Something memorable for everyone.

Does anyone know a good Filipino restaurant in the San Diego area?  This is for lunch.  In the evening, I plan to cook a paella based on an old family recipe.  It's from Cordoba, Spain which is our ancestral home.  Story goes our great, great grandmother was married to a Spanish military officer of sufficient rank that he was permitted to bring his young bride with him to the Philippines. The officer was soon killed by Filipino revolutionaries.  His wife eventually re-married someone either ( some nationality ) or Italian.

I recently found out that, because the ancestral roots has already been documented, the Spanish government can grant me citizenship.  My response, "What for?  The main privilege is to pay taxes to a EU country."

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Happy birthday from me too!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone.  I checked Yelp and found out there are lots of Filipino restaurants in San Diego.  There was a promising one, based on reviews, in National City. Unfortunately, the location is more than 20 miles away.  We decided on Mama Cinia Rice & Noodles in Mira Mesa.  Excellent food, cheap prices. Their promo platter is a large pancit with five lumpias for $5.00.  Everyone enjoyed themselves while I are more than I should.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

We decided on Mama Cinia Rice & Noodles in Mira Mesa.

To us locals, Mira Mesa is known as Mira MANILA, after National city it has the highest concentration of Filipino/Americans:hystery: 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1