Beer & Coca-Cola???

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

I'm sitting in Pasta King looking over the menu when I gazed at a guy sitting at a table near me. He had two bottles of beer, one empty, and three bottles of Coca-Cola, two where empty the third was half-full. He was munching on a piece of pizza with one hand while pouring his beer with his other. I couldn't help but notice that he filled his glass about a third with beer then filled the rest with Coca-Cola. REALLY? Anyone try this, or even want to?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeff R Us said:

I couldn't help but notice that he filled his glass about a third with beer then filled the rest with Coca-Cola. REALLY? Anyone try this, or even want to?

:shock_40_anim_gif: Local? :89: Sounds like a clean out job to me :whistling:

Jack:huh:

Morning All:photo-109:

Just Google It
Posted
Posted

"Germans Are Drinking Beer With Coke, And It's Deeply Troubling"

"Now, I'm familiar with the Spanish concept of mixing red wine with Coke, and obviously I'm down with shandy – beer mixed with lemonade – but beer mixed with Coke? Really?"

5ab062d593fd9_beerandcoke.thumb.JPG.dc0b620ee428a3db40185ecd93035608.JPG

Not allowed to provide the link but I believe that the Expat in question is a German National.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

Have not tried the beer / coke combination but what is definitely work a try is Katemba - red wine and coke.

https://food52.com/blog/4132-red-wine-and-coke

• Hmm thinking 1

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Local? :89: Sounds like a clean out job to me

He looked to me to be of Korean persuasion. He was short, plump and had a round pudgy face like his uncle Kim. Come to think of it, he did appear to be burping a lot. Maybe it's a fad in South Korea.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jeff R Us said:

He looked to me to be of Korean persuasion. He was short, plump and had a round pudgy face like his uncle Kim. Come to think of it, he did appear to be burping a lot. Maybe it's a fad in South Korea.

Well I have heard of Rapid detoxing but I dread to think about it if I tried this :89: Each to our own I guess :whistling:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In the provinces, they drink a concoction consisting of Beer-Gin-Coke pronounced, "Virgin Coke" in Tagalog. The recipe is one bottle each of the three ingredients. My recollection is it tasted pretty good when poured over ice. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Champagne and ginger ale with vodka:  a shot dropped in a mug of beer. Coke and beer would be like ( some nationality ) coffee and just make for wide awake drunks.
:cool:

Gator
Posted
Posted

Back in mid 80’s, when I was based in Germany, I was in Hamburg and got introduced to a drink called “Alster Wasser” (the Alster, a tributary of the Elbe I think, is one of the main rivers flowing thru the city). It was about one third “lemonade” soda (7up) and two thirds beer. It was quite good. Here in the Phil’s I’ve mixed 7up (or Sprite, but I prefer 7up) and Red Horse. Also quite good - cuts the bitterness of the RH.

• Like 1

WHIPPING BOY
Posted
Posted

YES..Beer and coke is great.

I was introduced to it in the '70's by my senior karate instructors who apparently learnt to drink it in Japan. They called it a 'Brown Cow'..though it was/is said a true brown cow is a mix of Stout and Coke.

After a very hot and exhausting training period I still, in the summer months, will enjoy a beer with coke. Calming whilst energising.

• Like 1